DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New m2 zoom, so I'm announcing my presence

Mrprop365

Reactions
Hello everyone. Tuning in here from Manhattan. I have been on the forum for a while but just got a mavic 2 zoom used (from classifieds here). I I formally flew a 3Dr solo, parrot anafi FPV and now a great m2 zoom.
A few questions.
1) It came with the smart controller and any wire I use to charge it it says "current charging speed slow, please use charger that came with device". I used a 5v, 30 Watt, a 60 watt and it's still giving me this message. Does anyone know which charger I should use for it?
2) The drone came with 4 batterys and one of them doesn't turn on. Is there any way to reset it or should I dispose of it?
3) There is a USB c port on the side of the drone. Is that meant for charging or data transfer?
Thank you in advance.

WELCOME to the forum glad to help
1. I am not familiar with the smart controller ,I would check the manual and make sure you are using the correct usb charger and cable the little bricks they sale need to be examined carefully to make sure they are the proper output
2. you should contact DJI if the battery won't charge they may replace it if you dispose of it make sure to loosen the screws on the battery and soak it in saltwater for a day before you toss it
3. that port is for data transfer.

Last edited:
I have been on the forum for a while

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I know you are not a New Member as you joined last November, but you did post this in the Newbie "Pilot Check In" Forum…

You might find more expert advice in the Mavic 2 Zoom Sub-Forum… the folks who know the most about your drone may not be monitoring the newbie forum…

Also, being from Manhattan, have you heard that NYC may have to allow drones within the city? Below is a posting I made yesterday…

Good Luck!

2) The drone came with 4 batterys and one of them doesn't turn on. Is there any way to reset it or should I dispose of it?
Try leaving it on a charger for several hours, sometimes it may "wake up" batteries that has been discharged.
But the battery could be damaged, so keep an eye on it while it is charging. And if it is swollen, meaning it has a slight bulge on the underside, don't use it and don't try to charge it.

There is information available in the app when the aircraft is connected that will provide battery information. Charge cycles specifically and cell deviation. Doubtful that the one that has failed can be remedied. Probably the previous owner wasn’t caring for them as needed. The smart controller charges best with the DJI supplied charger. Anything smaller will take a long time to charge. The indicator lights will cycle very slowly with an inadequate charger.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Also, being from Manhattan, have you heard that NYC may have to allow drones within the city? Below is a posting I made yesterday…

Good Luck!
Responded to your post over there. Thanks

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart