DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M2P batteries.Can I leave them uncharged for a while?

offtheback

Reactions
Bought 2 Mavic 2 Pro batteries a couple of months ago just to have in case they're unavailable or one of my batteries swells or fails. They arrived with no lights on.Ok to leave them for a while longer before I charge and use them?Do they arrive in hibernation mode?

Bought 2 Mavic 2 Pro batteries a couple of months ago just to have in case they're unavailable or one of my batteries swells or fails. They arrived with no lights on.Ok to leave them for a while longer before I charge and use them?Do they arrive in hibernation mode?
where did you purchase them from ,they could be in hibernation mode or they could be bricked because they where allowed to drop to a very low charge for too long ,personally i would try to charge them up fully ,and then when they are in the drone and everything is connected look at the state of the battery charge and the individual cell voltages ,to see if they are in spec, and it will also say how many charges they have using the app

where did you purchase them from ,they could be in hibernation mode or they could be bricked because they where allowed to drop to a very low charge for too long ,personally i would try to charge them up fully ,and then when they are in the drone and everything is connected look at the state of the battery charge and the individual cell voltages ,to see if they are in spec, and it will also say how many charges they have using the app
I bought them from BH Photo NY.I will try your recommendations.If one wanted to store batteries longish term(3-6 months)what state level should I store them at?Thanks for your help.

Reactions: old man mavic
I'll tell you what works for me: I just charge them and put 'em away and they auto-discharge. If I run a battery near depleted, I charge it up before storage. If any battery is about 1/2 charged, I leave it there and the others eventually come down to the same level.

I checked all 6 batteries in the middle of winter for any totally spent or hibernating batteries (with no lights) and they were all blinking at least 2 lights. I took them out a few weeks back to fly for the first time of the season and they were all about the same (2-3 blinking lights).

I don't see the point of purposely discharging a battery down to ~50% when there's an auto-discharge feature built in.

The one thing I never do, however, is store a mostly depleted battery. If I think I'll charge and fly soon, I don't worry about it, but when it looks like it ill be a long storage, I make sure they're all at least 1/2 charged up.

Chris

the recommended individual cell voltage is 3.8 v per cell , but unless you have the capabilities to measure individual cell voltages ,then 45% to 65% battery charge is fine,as the BMS will take care of any issues ,just check the batteries once a month ,to see if they have lost any significant charge,this is really only if you definitely know you will not be flying for a prolonged period of time ,such as winter ,or a long vacation ,without the drone

Reactions: offtheback
Bought 2 Mavic 2 Pro batteries a couple of months ago just to have in case they're unavailable or one of my batteries swells or fails. They arrived with no lights on.Ok to leave them for a while longer before I charge and use them?Do they arrive in hibernation mode?Charge them up fully and then let them drop down to their storage level which is automatic

Don’t let them sit you must charge them fully and then let them automatically drop down to storage level . It wouldn’t Hurt to do with the first poster said to do but after that get it charged up

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato