DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M2P user, probably answered here somewhere, but...

jlhopwo

Reactions
I don't understand why this firmware situation is so complicate!

There should be a very simple interface to see:

Drone firmware:
Battery firmware:
Controller firmware:

I'm pretty sure I used DJI Assistant correctly to update drone firmware. But I have no idea if battery firmware is updated (I flew- so it is?) or the controller firmware. No where (that I can find) on Assistant is it clear what thing has what firmware. I sometimes get message that controller needs to be updated- but it lets be fly anyway? And I can't find anything in PDF manual about how to attach controller to update its firmware separate from drone/battery.

So confused!

Do I attach the controller to my PC? Controller does not seem to be able to attach to PC with included cable.

Thanks!

When I put a new battery in M2P drone that I know is old firmware, and restart drone and connect to DJI Assistant, it shows firmware is current- but is brand new battery, has never been in drone before. So I am "refresh" ing the current version (V01.00.0100)... I hope this is updating the battery- as I have no idea what it's doing lol. Not really laughing 'tho.

A new battery will update when put in m2.
I had to update mine twice because controller did not upgrade properly..all good now

Reactions: jlhopwo
Thanks- you're saying battery updated automatically when placed in drone with updated firmware? How do I know if controller is updated other than it tells me it's not?

Also, is there a way to force controller firmware update/reinstall?

Some DJIGO4 updates do not require a battery update and so the batteries once installed are not updated. If you place a non updated battery in the Mavic 2 and power it on with an updated DJIGO 4 that requires a battery update then at that time the battery will be updated.

Thank you!
Some DJIGO4 updates do not require a battery update and so the batteries once installed are not updated. If you place a non updated battery in the Mavic 2 and power it on with an updated DJIGO 4 that requires a battery update then at that time the battery will be updated.

How is the controller updated? I still don't know that :-(

Copy and paste

There are 2 ways to upgrade the Mavic Pro firmware and the remote controller.
You can update using the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 app using a computer. You can also update the Mavic quadcopter and remote controller separately.
Below are instructions including videos for updating the Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 apps.
After the instructions, I have listed the new features and issues which have been added and resolved with each firmware release for the Mavic Pro. In fact, it is always very interesting to read the Mavic Pro firmware release notes before you install the update. The firmware release notes will tell you what the firmware will do for your Mavic whether it will fix something or add a new feature.
There is another article on how to calibrate the Mavic Pro vision sensors which are very important. The Mavic Vision Positioning System is for obstacle detection, collision avoidance, flight stability and is also critical for gesture mode to work.
If you are having issues where the Mavic disconnects from the Remote Control or DJI Go 4 app, then read our article on fixing Mavic Pro disconnects. Updating the Mavic firmware is one of the steps.
How To Update Mavic Pro Firmware
Important Notes on Firmware Updates
  • Visit the DJI Mavic download page and install the DJI Go 4 App and or the DJI Assistant 2 App depending on which method of update you choose.
  • Make sure your Mavic Pro, remote controller and mobile device have at least 50% charge in them. However, it is best to have them fully charged.
  • Ensure that you have a strong internet connection without interruption for the duration of the downloading of the Mavic firmware.
  • Never disconnect the aircraft from the computer during the firmware update. If this happens, then the Mavic firmware update will fail. It could also corrupt the existing firmware. Then your Mavic will not fly until the correct firmware has been installed.
DJI Mavic Pro Firmware Update Using DJI Assistant 2
Use the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware for the quadcopter and remote controller drone at the same time.
  • With the remote controller and the aircraft powered off, connect the remote controller to a computer through the charging port using a micro USB cable.
  • Power on the Mavic Pro Remote Controller and Mavic Pro quadcopter and make sure both are connected.
  • Open the DJI Assistant 2 application and login to your DJI account..
  • Select “Mavic Pro” and click on the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel
  • Select the firmware version that you wish to update and click on “Upgrade”.
  • Click on “Start Update”.
  • Wait for the firmware to be downloaded and the firmware update process will start automatically.
  • Reboot the Mavic Pro quadcopter and the remote controller after the firmware update is complete.
Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
The DJI Assistant 2 software has many more features than updating the Mavic Pro firmware. The DJI Assistant 2 Mavic software can be used to upload data, analyze black box logs, calibrate sensors, modify the Mavic and simulate flight. You can read more on the Mavic Pro Assistant 2 software here.
Notes on Updating the Mavic Pro Using DJI Assistant 2

• The Mavic Pro remote controller and the quadcopter can be updated separately.
  • If you want to just update the Mavic Pro quadcopter, you would just connect the quadcopter to the computer using the micro USB port on the quadcopter
  • The firmware update will take about 15 minutes

Copy and paste

There are 2 ways to upgrade the Mavic Pro firmware and the remote controller.
You can update using the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2 app using a computer. You can also update the Mavic quadcopter and remote controller separately.
Below are instructions including videos for updating the Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Go 4 apps.
After the instructions, I have listed the new features and issues which have been added and resolved with each firmware release for the Mavic Pro. In fact, it is always very interesting to read the Mavic Pro firmware release notes before you install the update. The firmware release notes will tell you what the firmware will do for your Mavic whether it will fix something or add a new feature.
There is another article on how to calibrate the Mavic Pro vision sensors which are very important. The Mavic Vision Positioning System is for obstacle detection, collision avoidance, flight stability and is also critical for gesture mode to work.
If you are having issues where the Mavic disconnects from the Remote Control or DJI Go 4 app, then read our article on fixing Mavic Pro disconnects. Updating the Mavic firmware is one of the steps.
How To Update Mavic Pro Firmware
Important Notes on Firmware Updates
  • Visit the DJI Mavic download page and install the DJI Go 4 App and or the DJI Assistant 2 App depending on which method of update you choose.
  • Make sure your Mavic Pro, remote controller and mobile device have at least 50% charge in them. However, it is best to have them fully charged.
  • Ensure that you have a strong internet connection without interruption for the duration of the downloading of the Mavic firmware.
  • Never disconnect the aircraft from the computer during the firmware update. If this happens, then the Mavic firmware update will fail. It could also corrupt the existing firmware. Then your Mavic will not fly until the correct firmware has been installed.
DJI Mavic Pro Firmware Update Using DJI Assistant 2
Use the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware for the quadcopter and remote controller drone at the same time.
  • With the remote controller and the aircraft powered off, connect the remote controller to a computer through the charging port using a micro USB cable.
  • Power on the Mavic Pro Remote Controller and Mavic Pro quadcopter and make sure both are connected.
  • Open the DJI Assistant 2 application and login to your DJI account..
  • Select “Mavic Pro” and click on the “Firmware Updates” on the left panel
  • Select the firmware version that you wish to update and click on “Upgrade”.
  • Click on “Start Update”.
  • Wait for the firmware to be downloaded and the firmware update process will start automatically.
  • Reboot the Mavic Pro quadcopter and the remote controller after the firmware update is complete.
Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
The DJI Assistant 2 software has many more features than updating the Mavic Pro firmware. The DJI Assistant 2 Mavic software can be used to upload data, analyze black box logs, calibrate sensors, modify the Mavic and simulate flight. You can read more on the Mavic Pro Assistant 2 software here.
Notes on Updating the Mavic Pro Using DJI Assistant 2

• The Mavic Pro remote controller and the quadcopter can be updated separately.
  • If you want to just update the Mavic Pro quadcopter, you would just connect the quadcopter to the computer using the micro USB port on the quadcopter
  • The firmware update will take about 15 minutes
OP has an M2. True process is the same, but you won't get release notes looking in MP section, and many of us have issues updating AC firmware through app.

Thank you!

How is the controller updated? I still don't know that :-(
You can update the controller from the app when it tells you, or using Assistant 2.
Use a USB-A to Micro-USB cable. The included cable is A to C but it comes with a C to Micro adapter. Connect the micro end to the side port on the RC. Be very careful. The micro socket is a rectangular A type but will accept a trapezoid B type. It's easy to get backwards and damage the socket if you force it the wrong way.

Thanks! Controller is updating now. It always failed through the phone app. Assistant is working fine.

You can update the controller from the app when it tells you, or using Assistant 2.
Use a USB-A to Micro-USB cable. The included cable is A to C but it comes with a C to Micro adapter. Connect the micro end to the side port on the RC. Be very careful. The micro socket is a rectangular A type but will accept a trapezoid B type. It's easy to get backwards and damage the socket if you force it the wrong way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada