DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new M3 firmware now out for GPS fix Woohoo!!

Second day of flying was a disappointment. It's not that bad really, an extra minute, but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth after all the months of semi-waiting, all the money spent. I received my M3 shortly after release in November, and it was excellent out the box. GPS acquisition time was something I never noticed because it was just as fast as my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro (both are better than the P4P2 I use at work).

Yesterday, starting up my M3 was exactly as I remember and expected. Today I was sitting and waiting again. What happened? I was in the same rural location, but had noticeably different results.

Cant test yet < all batteries are shot from the Dunk Festival. lol

I need to beat 6 minutes for home point lock up with the new update. Cleveland, Ohio.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
M3C, For the first startup after the initial installation the gps lock took 2mins for 6 sats, 02:24 for 8, 02:35 for 11, 03: mins for 12, and 3:40 for 14 sats. at N41.3 W-72.3 at 1700 EDT

Last edited:
3rd day for the 'cold' start test. It was time to use Battery 2 again (does this even matter), and I was up and going in just over 1 minute. That's more like it..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986