DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3E Pilot, some questions

Daedalus.uas

Reactions
Hello all! I just purchased a Mavic 3E for mapping in remote areas. These missions will be large, on steep terrain, and out of cell service.
I've flown over the years with an Inspire drone, coupled with the app Maps Made Easy.

All I have done so far is firmware updates and familiarize myself with the the controller options/interface.

Does anyone have any advice for my kind of missions I'll be doing?
I've noticed that the speed option on the DJI Pilot app is set to a high rate. Does the app change the speed automatically based on light conditions?
I'm curious as to how the drone handles steep terrain (mountainous). I downloaded the SRTM data through the app, and sitting at home, it looks alright. Should I download third party terrain data to upload? Or will the default terrain data sufficient? This is something I'll definitely be keeping an eye on while I'm testing.

Thanks ahead of time for the help! If there's anything I'm not thinking of that may help me mitigate risk or make the missions go more smoothly, please let me know!

Reactions: 4006448
Finding a good software to use is going to be a Key for your
Start with two best out there Drone Deploy and Drone Link , once you have a better understanding of there potential to get the job done well, you can look at much cheaper alternatives as these might be overkill..

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly your Mavic 3E in the Rain. Land on the water.

Finding a good software to use is going to be a Key for your
Start with two best out there Drone Deploy and Drone Link , once you have a better understanding of there potential to get the job done well, you can look at much cheaper alternatives as these might be overkill..

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suits to fly your Mavic 3E in the Rain. Land on the water.
Drone Link looks intriguing. You don't think the DJI Pilot 2 app is good for terrain follow?

I'm also wondering about speed, if it slows down according to light conditions.

Why don't you continue to use Maps Made Easy? The Map Pilot works with M3E. We are using it on two M3Es.
Thanks for the reply! I honestly haven't tested the drone out with the different apps. I wasn't sure if it was even necessary to switch from the DJI Pilot 2 app, since I don't know if the terrain follow is better or worse than Map Pilot for mapping steep terrain areas.

So you're saying you had no issues with Map Pilot, terrain follow?
How does terrain follow compare against the DJI Pilot 2 app?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980