DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3P beeping rapidly on second flight

It's about 6' off the ground, Nearest obstacles in front and sides are at least 50 yards away, Nearest object behind is me and I'm about 5' away and the wooden house behind me is about 20' behind me.
Mine will beep constantly when I launch, if I have OA on, until I get far enough away and high enough away from me. 5' away and 6' up would still be in close when the beep starts.
I would take it out to an open area... was away 15 ft or so... and launch it up to 10 ft. If it still beeps, then there is a problem. But I'd almost bet its because you are standing to close with it hovering to low.

Mine will beep constantly when I launch, if I have OA on, until I get far enough away and high enough away from me. 5' away and 6' up would still be in close when the beep starts.
I would take it out to an open area... was away 15 ft or so... and launch it up to 10 ft. If it still beeps, then there is a problem. But I'd almost bet its because you are standing to close with it hovering to
Thanks for this suggestion. I'll try that the next time I launch.

When you store the controller with the sticks still attached, they will sometimes come out of calibration. That might be what the beeping is about. You can either leave it go and it will eventually stop while flying or before you turn on the controller, move the joysticks up/down, left/right then turn on the controller. The beeping should not start if that's the problem. Just adding that to your preflight should keep it from beeping any longer unless it detects obstacles.
Thanks. I'll try that.

Good to know. Yes, you're right. The beeping definitely doesn't start until I launch the drone.
No need for Sport. Just go to the Safety tab and disable OA. Check there also and enable the Radar map. This shows red lines on the Attitude Indicator.

If it acts fine in sport mode then you have a bad sensor, Most likely the one trying to escape the obstacle [the one on the opposite side of the side the drone flys away from] I would guess you have a connector loose But that's just a guess Either way its new and DJI will replace it So no worry They will send you a new one.

Had a bit of good weather this afternoon with not too much wind so I launched the drone again and I can now confirm that the beeping is coming from the RC controller. When I moved the drone away or when I changed to Sport mode the beeping ceased so the whole non-problem seems to be the OA. I hadn't heard that noise at all when I watched videos of other people hand launching or landing the M3P. Maybe they had the sound turned off. Do you usually leave it on or turn it off? It was pretty windy so I didn't stay up much. Thanks very much to everyone for their suggestions.

Had a bit of good weather this afternoon with not too much wind so I launched the drone again and I can now confirm that the beeping is coming from the RC controller. When I moved the drone away or when I changed to Sport mode the beeping ceased so the whole non-problem seems to be the OA. I hadn't heard that noise at all when I watched videos of other people hand launching or landing the M3P. Maybe they had the sound turned off. Do you usually leave it on or turn it off? It was pretty windy so I didn't stay up much. Thanks very much to everyone for their suggestions.
Like I said earlier, I believe you were standing too close. The beeping went away when you moved further away or went to sport mode. I don’t think you need to send it in for any OA repair.
When I hand launch, it’s above my head far enough to not activate the forward OA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne