DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3P won’t charge or turn on

microlinux

Reactions
So I just opened up my M3P, but it won’t charge or turn on (the drone itself, remote works fine). No lights on the battery. Charger and cable seem fine, tried them on another device.

I’m assuming I got a bad apple but wanted to check if I’m missing something dumb first … anyone have any bright ideas?

So I just opened up my M3P, but it won’t charge or turn on (the drone itself, remote works fine). No lights on the battery. Charger and cable seem fine, tried them on another device.

I’m assuming I got a bad apple but wanted to check if I’m missing something dumb first … anyone have any bright ideas?
Have you tried charging with the battery in the drone rather than in the charger?

Try the provided cable as well as another known good USB C cable. And try a different charger, even one for a cell phone. (It won't charge as rapidly as the DJI charger, but it would show whether the drone is charging from it.)

Are you able to charge the controller normally using the charger and cable that came with the drone?

@microlinux the batteries come in a hibernation state and need to be activated ,ideally you need a 30w fast charger but the 18w one that is used for the Mini 1 or mini 2 will charge them ,but it will take longer

I am charging in the drone and have tried the included cable and another. Looking at my charger, it may be the problem. It says it supports PPS but doesn’t say anything about PD. From what I’m reading PPS doesn’t imply PD, but I’m not totally sure yet.

Also, I am able to charge the controller.

Last edited:
Are you charging the battery according to instructions in the user manual?
Best to follow DJI instructions.

It’s an Insignia 30w, I’ll post a pic later, heading out to do some fishing now.
Have you not tried using the charger that came with the kit?

Reactions: Richard R
I am in business with a new charger.

Evidently PPS does not imply PD, or the first charger just wasn’t working right at higher voltages. Or something … I’m too lazy to dig into the dizzying array of USB standards to get to the bottom of it, ha.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Reactions: GFields

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian