DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MAS Propellers Installation - Success Finally

CorralesDan

Reactions
In a previous post a few days ago I shared that I was having difficulty removing one of the screws on one of the DJI propellers so I could install the new Mini 2 propellers from Master Airscrew. I got a lot of good suggestions, but the one that worked was from netfolks2000 who suggested putting some penetrating oil on the screw for several days. That worked. I was careful to put the oil on a cotton swab to carefully put the oil around the edge of the screw and not get any down into the rotor. Folks from MAS responded with a suggestion that I had already tried, but they responded quickly. I made an enquiry of DJI support, but haven't heard from them.

I flew my Mini2 a few days ago with the old DJI propellers early in the morning to video it at eye level about 3 feet away to record the tone. There was no breeze at all. I just flew it again with the new MAS propellers in the middle of the afternoon. I filmed it with the same settings at the same level and distance. It was a little breezy. Here's the video. I hear a distinct difference, but I'll let you make your own judgement.

After shooting the video I flew it all around for about 15 minutes and it flew fine and the recording was very steady as usual.

The question becomes……….
Are you satisfied with the results, knowing all that you have had to contend with?

The question becomes……….
Are you satisfied with the results, knowing all that you have had to contend with?
Yes, very much so. The problem I had to contend with was how the old DJI screw was put in. It had nothing to do with the new MAS propellers and I like the lower tone they produce.

Hi Dan have been following this thread and others for a while now. I bought my first set of mas props last year for the mavic pro with no issues. Was thinking about a set for the P4PV2 until I saw the issues people were having with the MAS product. Thought I would wait for a while as they are **** expensive here in Oz, exchange rate and postage and all. Glad to to see your happy with the results.
a bit late for P4P had a prop failure last week and she bit the dust.
Regards

Reactions: AusTrekie
Hi Dan have been following this thread and others for a while now. I bought my first set of mas props last year for the mavic pro with no issues. Was thinking about a set for the P4PV2 until I saw the issues people were having with the MAS product. Thought I would wait for a while as they are **** expensive here in Oz, exchange rate and postage and all. Glad to to see your happy with the results.
a bit late for P4P had a prop failure last week and she bit the dust.
Regards
Gagey, sorry about the dust up. To be fair and clear, the issue I had was with the DJI screw and it had nothing to do with the MAS propellers.

Reactions: Gagey52
In a previous post a few days ago I shared that I was having difficulty removing one of the screws on one of the DJI propellers so I could install the new Mini 2 propellers from Master Airscrew. I got a lot of good suggestions, but the one that worked was from netfolks2000 who suggested putting some penetrating oil on the screw for several days. That worked. I was careful to put the oil on a cotton swab to carefully put the oil around the edge of the screw and not get any down into the rotor. Folks from MAS responded with a suggestion that I had already tried, but they responded quickly. I made an enquiry of DJI support, but haven't heard from them.

I flew my Mini2 a few days ago with the old DJI propellers early in the morning to video it at eye level about 3 feet away to record the tone. There was no breeze at all. I just flew it again with the new MAS propellers in the middle of the afternoon. I filmed it with the same settings at the same level and distance. It was a little breezy. Here's the video. I hear a distinct difference, but I'll let you make your own judgement.

After shooting the video I flew it all around for about 15 minutes and it flew fine and the recording was very steady as usual.
I put a set MAS blades on my AIR2S. Orange ones at that, LOL. I can see them much better, and hear them a lot less. They DO lower the decibels in my opinion. I noticed the blades were almost the same except the tips were blunt, compared to the OEM blades.

I put a set MAS blades on my AIR2S. Orange ones at that, LOL. I can see them much better, and hear them a lot less. They DO lower the decibels in my opinion. I noticed the blades were almost the same except the tips were blunt, compared to the OEM blades.
Yep, I like the orange too. I went to the University of Tennessee which is orange and white. :) Whatever the difference, no matter how small, they do make a significant difference in tone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys