DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mav pilot in Wolverhampton

Blacksails

Reactions
Alright guys,

Names Alex. I received my mavic a couple of weeks ago and have been loving having a little drone that I can just throw in a bag and take anywhere, which I have literally.

Have been flying since I was young - helis, planks, gas, electric etc. Got into multis around 2010 and started building my own. Got my CAA PfCO in 2012 and worked for quite a while. Just restarted under a new name after a year out.

Any pilots local to me?
Where do you guys go to chill and fly?

Thanks,

Alex

Reactions: dirkclod
Alright guys,

Names Alex. I received my mavic a couple of weeks ago and have been loving having a little drone that I can just throw in a bag and take anywhere, which I have literally.

Have been flying since I was young - helis, planks, gas, electric etc. Got into multis around 2010 and started building my own. Got my CAA PfCO in 2012 and worked for quite a while. Just restarted under a new name after a year out.

Any pilots local to me?

Thanks,

Alex
Howdy from Wyoming Blacksails, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Alright guys,

Any pilots local to me?

Thanks,

Alex
Also from Wolverhampton, I have noticed another drone flying near my house in Wednesfield, not you is it?

Also from Wolverhampton, I have noticed another drone flying near my house in Wednesfield, not you is it?

I know wednesfield but don't live there and definitely haven't flown there, so nope not me. I'm in the town centre, moving back to Codsall this month though.

What was it? A Mav?

Hi @Blacksails :)

Can I ask if the PfCO was enough for you to make a living on? I can see aerial photography as being bit of an earner here in the UK but there's a lot of well established firms already out there.

I'm not sure I'd either get my money back on the training/certs, never mind make a living from it?

Advice from someone who's been there and got the t-shirt very much welcomed!

Hi @Blacksails :)

Can I ask if the PfCO was enough for you to make a living on? I can see aerial photography as being bit of an earner here in the UK but there's a lot of well established firms already out there.

I'm not sure I'd either get my money back on the training/certs, never mind make a living from it?

Advice from someone who's been there and got the t-shirt very much welcomed!

Hi Ping,

I have only recently started flying commercially again. I obtained my licence early and flew for a couple of years. Stopped when my day job, which at the end of the day pays the bills in the majority, started to take up much more time. Then we had a fly away and so decided to stop operating for a while.
I covered the cost of my licence, training and exams fairly quickly. Did work for a few production companies etc. Back then money was good, but now days there appears to be a lot of non licenced pilots undercutting the pros and it drives the price down for bread and butter jobs. A lot of the production companies now have their go to guys, so that sector is a lot more difficult. Although it's more of a challenge now than it was, I think with decent marketing etc you'll be able to (at the very least!) cover your startup costs.

I've only just finished building and making my website live, and have set up a very basic google ad. Website isn't very optimised yet, but even so, I'm beginning to receive emails. Whether they pay or not, we will find out. But it shows that even though my website is fairly difficult to find at the moment, I'm still receiving interest.

Check it out:

www.skiesuntold.com

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190