DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro from Nevada (near Tahoe)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B and bumper
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B and bumper
Glad I found this excellent resource. Previously had a Phantom (first generation) - what a huge change and a lot to learn!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
New M2P here too (a few weeks). I’m on the west side, about an hour from Yosemite.
When I saw your intro line it reminded me of something I noticed while studying the sectional to get practiced up on interpreting it. In the Reno are there is the following warning:

”Magnetic disturbance exists in the area extending 50 miles or more NW W & SW of Reno, Nevada. Magnetic compass may not be accurate at low altitude”.

?

Reactions: bumper
Yup, thems big mountains with lots of iron filings within (maybe a big bar magnet too :c). When flying bigger things than the M2, I'll admit to not paying as much attention to the compass as before we had all the newfangled navigation equipment, still I've never notice it going bonkers, as with some stories about flying in the "Devil's Triangle". Here's my ASH26E over Douglas County (Kingsbury Grade is forward of the glider, Wally's Hot Springs resort is off the right wing). Disclaimer: Picture not taken with M2 in follow me mode!

Glider Kingsbury.jpg

New M2P here too (a few weeks). I’m on the west side, about an hour from Yosemite.
When I saw your intro line it reminded me of something I noticed while studying the sectional to get practiced up on interpreting it. In the Reno are there is the following warning:

”Magnetic disturbance exists in the area extending 50 miles or more NW W & SW of Reno, Nevada. Magnetic compass may not be accurate at low altitude”.

?
Thanks for the info. Something to be aware of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max