DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Pro Video Jumps

JerryM

Reactions
I recently purchased a Mavic Mini and I think I did what DJI expected. I GOT HOOKED on flying a drone. After getting the MM I wanted more options and capabilities so I bought a Mavic 2 Pro. Now please keep in mind that I am a new pilot and I am only flying over my own property which is 76 acres of timber and ag ground. When I flew my MM the video was impressive to me and I thought that the M2P would be even better but it is constantly giving me 1 to 2 seconds of jerky video which happens every 4 to 5 seconds throughout the entire video. From what I have seen on this site there are some very knowledgeable people and I am hoping there is a fix that would keep me from sending it in to DJI. I am currently using an Ipad Mini 4, my mico chip is a Samsung Evo plus 128. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

It is a U3 rated card. As a newbie I didn't see what the format was on my first flight. Thinking that could have been a problem my next flights were set at 1080 and I had the same results. Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, doesn't sound like format is the issue. I had a little glitching with a U1 card so I changed that and it fixed it. And if it does it on 1080 p too, I doubt it's your playback device. What are you playing it on?

An HP desktop with AMD Quad Core 840T. I don't have any problem viewing the videos from the MM at 2.7.

An HP desktop with AMD Quad Core 840T. I don't have any problem viewing the videos from the MM at 2.7.

Jerry, if you are recording in 4K, you could very likely be pushing the limits of your computer. There are many, many threads on these forums on this topic. Yes, an old quad core is not up to the task. You need a modern, fast CPU; a fast video card with a modern GPU and at least 4GB of memory, you need lots of system RAM (16-32GB), and should be using fast SSD drives.

However, if you don't want to that now, you can a) shoot at a lower quality, b) shoot at 4K so that you have better source material in the future, but downgrade it to lower quality to use now, c) get a decent video editor that allows you to edit by proxy (use the 4K video, but transcode a lower quality version just for editing purposes).

Edit: but to be sure, downgrade one of your recent videos to 1080 and see if it is still jerky the way you experienced it already. If the video jerking/skipping goes away, you need a better computer. If it's still there, you may have another problem.

Chris

Chris, thank you for the reply. I do have an upgraded video card that I installed a few years ago. I know my computer is old but as I said it played the MM 2.7 video fine but when I played the 1080 video from the M2 Pro it is still jumpy every 4 to 5 seconds.

Well I got that figured out thanks to the people on this site. Sorry I doubled up on some earlier posts. It is my computer. I down graded the resolution and everything looks good. Thank you again.

Jerry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman