DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 2 Zoom arrives this week

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
No drone experience so this will all be new. One of my first concerns is a local park here will be the site of my early flights. In that park, there is an AT&T Cell Tower. Other than hitting it, do I have other concerns?

Last edited:
I'm really excited for you Effects . . .
I remember when I received my first drone. I couldn't sleep.

You've been a member for a while so you already know the do's and don'ts. Leave the sensors on for a while. Start flying in beginner mode until you feel comfortable with the bird. That lasts about 10 mins. Wind isn't too much of a problem and the connection is rock solid. The tower isn't too much of a concern your obstacle avoidance will handle it. Make sure your RTH setting is set to higher that tower (if) you run into a problem and bring her home.

Other than that . . . have fun, fly safe and read the ENTIRE manual before you fly.

See you out there . . .

After registration of your drone with the FAA, you’ll want to make sure of the airspace in and around the park. Also check to make sure there aren’t any local laws about taking off and landing within the park. Have you checked out the app AirMap yet? Other then that, follow the recreational drone laws and have fun.
Blue skies from SoCal.
P.S. Reading and understanding the owners manual of the Mavic 2 before 1st flight is HIGHLY recommend, so that you can mitigate the risk of crashing.

Congratulations on the new bird take it slow understand the drone there's lots of good videos on YouTube and lots of smart people on this forum read and understand the directions.The best advice is beginners mode

Reactions: Thomas B
After registration of your drone with the FAA, you’ll want to make sure of the airspace in and around the park. Also check to make sure there aren’t any local laws about taking off and landing within the park. Have you checked out the app AirMap yet? Other then that, follow the recreational drone laws and have fun.
Blue skies from SoCal.
P.S. Reading and understanding the owners manual of the Mavic 2 before 1st flight is HIGHLY recommend, so that you can mitigate the risk of crashing.
Thanks fore AirMap! I signed up and have thew App on my S9 and my PC. I have been doing a lot of reading. I am not new to the study of Airspace, weather and regulations as I was a Corporate pilot before my retirement. I'm pretty impressed by this forum and the collective knowledge of it's members. I have searched for a lot of info and questions that I have asked have been answered quickly

Thanks again for your reply.

Congratulations on the new bird take it slow understand the drone there's lots of good videos on YouTube and lots of smart people on this forum read and understand the directions.The best advice is beginners mode

I have been reading the manual (Downloaded) but have not seen a mention of Beginner's Mode.

Reactions: Rattydude77
It's in settings go the the 3 dots top right scroll all the way down to advanced settings it's in there

Just Google we're is beginner mode for the DJI mavic zoom and videos should pop up

Congratulations on your new drone and Hi from just up Hwy 50 about an hour.

I would be a bit careful around the cell tower. Although I have seen a handful of videos where people have successfully flown within 100ft or less it is important to note that the RF power in front of them increases exponentially as you get closer. At some point it will interfere with the connection between the controller and the drone.

Sorry about that top right corner on your controller screen when the drone is in fly mode
Thanks. I have no Controller yet so that explains why I can't find it. I have been reading downloaded manuals and found no mention of it.

Ok ya when you get the controller top right corner 3 dots advanced settings its great for beginners I wasent a beginner when I got my zoom but I used it for a week or so to just get use to the drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyo