DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 3 won't link to RC Pro

d-rone

Reactions
Hi everyone - first post. Bought a new Mavic 3 and RC Pro controller separately. Have been trying to link them together for hours. I've updated, downgraded, updated again and refreshed the firmware. The RC Pro is activated, I'm logged in. Have tried pairing manually and with the connect in the app - no luck. Is there a way to reset the RC pro or does anyone have any tips or tricks? It was shipped with the regular remote so I figured maybe the Mavic 3 is still linked to the old/original remote (but I've rei stalled the firmware multiple times.

I would he grateful for help.

Thank you

Reactions: Roger.Joys
I had a similar problem when I switched from the RC Pro to try the RC1, could not get it to connect to drone, then realized I had the small phone lead plugged into the RC1 via the dummy socket, moved it across to the other one & it connected first time.

Without being totally sure of the connection error you're getting, I had the something similar happen when I bought my RC Pro separately.

What I ended up having to do was go into the DJI Fly App on the original bundled RC 1 with whatever visual device (phone/tablet) I used at the time. Then went into my profile, device management, and "unbound" it from my account and controller.

Once that was done, I was able to immediately bind the M3 to the RC Pro. My understanding is that it has something to do with the initial fly-away coverage or something along those lines of warranty type thing. I also had made sure that the RC Pro and M3 were on the latest firmware.

I have not been able to upgrade or downgrade the RC Pro firmware from 003 so I was thinking that it was possible locked to 003 as the latest compatible RC Pro firmware for the Air2s. @BBartol That solution does make sense, andd itit'possible that one the RC Pro is unbound in the DJI system, it will let me link to the Mavic 3 and then also allow for the firmware update? I will give this a try today - thank you.

By the way @Lasidora Thnk you for the speedy reply - my original post title accide tally said RC1, and incidentally I did have that issue when I first got my Mini 2...wish I would have posted that issue but eventually i figured it out after bamging my head for a couple of hours 🤣

I have not been able to upgrade or downgrade the RC Pro firmware from 003 so I was thinking that it was possible locked to 003 as the latest compatible RC Pro firmware for the Air2s. @BBartol That solution does make sense, andd itit'possible that one the RC Pro is unbound in the DJI system, it will let me link to the Mavic 3 and then also allow for the firmware update? I will give this a try today - thank you.

Once I was able to bind the RC Pro to the Mavic 3, it did give me a firmware update for both the drone and the controller. Both very small and quick, but I do remember thinking that binding them to one another seemed to unlock the magic of updates haha. I also found it easier to manage both via DJI Assistant 2 on my computer once they were bound to each other.

Reactions: Howard70
Teally apprexiate the responses. Tried for hours without luck to pair the 2s RC Pro remote with the M3 - no luck. Bought a brand new RC Pro, connected to the M3 immediately.

without flash Mavic 3 firmware of RC pro , it is not possible , I can help you flash it remotely , you can contact me

without flash Mavic 3 firmware of RC pro , it is not possible , I can help you flash it remotely , you can contact me Thank you - I wish I had seen this before I bought the standalone RC Pro unit but will keep in mind and also I sure there are others who may need your help.

without flash Mavic 3 firmware of RC pro , it is not possible , I can help you flash it remotely , you can contact me
Hi,
Could you describe the process ?
I'd like to do a factory reset of the RC pro controller in order to reinstall the firmware. I have severe radio issues and I'd like to try this full reinstall to see if it might help. I did a reset from the RC pro system menu, but it didn't downgraded the firmware it seems. Also, when I plug the RC pro into Dji Assistant I Don't have the option of refreshing or downgrading the FW.

Best.

I spent an hour or so with my new RC Pro yesterday first trying to pair it with an Air 2S, then discovered the standalone RC Pro needs a future firmware upgrade to do so. Then trying with the Mavic 3 with no luck.

I am going to try to the removal of from the profile on the phone I used with the stock controller here this AM.

Thank you

I spent an hour or so with my new RC Pro yesterday first trying to pair it with an Air 2S, then discovered the standalone RC Pro needs a future firmware upgrade to do so. Then trying with the Mavic 3 with no luck.

I am going to try to the removal of from the profile on the phone I used with the stock controller here this AM.

Thank you
UPDATE: Mavic 3 paired and working

Reactions: BBartol
With the new Firmware, my RC Pro is now pairing to my Mavic 3 and 2 Air 2S's. It's sunny and nice out and I am stuck in work meetings until close to dark. I did fly on Sunday with the Mavic 3 and RC Pro and really super happy with it and feel that while a non-trivial expense, it is worth it.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I have the same problem. I have an RC Pro (from the Air 2s package deal) and I've been trying unsuccessfully to pair this with my Mavic 3. Here's what I've done so far, no of which has worked:

1) tried pairing to Mavic 3 straight out of the box.
2) downgraded the firmware on the RC Pro to version 1.00.0400 (using DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone Series > tried pairing, no luck
3) "unbound" the RC-N1 remote on the Mavic 3 from my DJI Account > tried pairing, no luck
4) cycled the firmware on the RC Pro from 1.00.0440 > 3.01.0500 > 1.00.0440. tired pairing, no luck.

So, so far, I've been completely unable to get the Mavic 3 to recognize the RC Pro. What next? I'm guessing the "normal" firmware downgrades via DJI Assistant aren't good enough? Some magic sauce special unlock is needed? If so, how is this done? Thanks.

I have the same problem. I have an RC Pro (from the Air 2s package deal) and I've been trying unsuccessfully to pair this with my Mavic 3. Here's what I've done so far, no of which has worked:

1) tried pairing to Mavic 3 straight out of the box.
2) downgraded the firmware on the RC Pro to version 1.00.0400 (using DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drone Series > tried pairing, no luck
3) "unbound" the RC-N1 remote on the Mavic 3 from my DJI Account > tried pairing, no luck
4) cycled the firmware on the RC Pro from 1.00.0440 > 3.01.0500 > 1.00.0440. tired pairing, no luck.

So, so far, I've been completely unable to get the Mavic 3 to recognize the RC Pro. What next? I'm guessing the "normal" firmware downgrades via DJI Assistant aren't good enough? Some magic sauce special unlock is needed? If so, how is this done? Thanks.
Have you tried to put the M3 in pairing mode? I had to do this with my M3 and a stand alone RC pro

Have you tried to put the M3 in pairing mode? I had to do this with my M3 and a stand alone RC pro
Yes. When I said "pairing" in my post, above, this meant placing the RC Pro controller in pairing mode (I tried both ways, via the app and via the C1/C2/Record Button simultaneous press) and putting the Mavic 3 in pairing mode by pushing the battery power button for 4 seconds until it beeped once, then twice, then flashed lights in sequence.

I tried sequencing these actions both ways: controller first, then Mavic 3 first. Again, nothing worked.

It may be a moot point now. I decided to return the Air 2S package as I was just within the return window. Exceptionally disappointed - but not surprised - that DJI continues to gimp their hardware in an ill-considered marketing strategy to gain sales. That the RC Pro sold with the Air 2S is handicapped and can't bind with the Mavic 3, and that the Mavic 3 isn't sold with the RC Pro except in the eye-wateringly-expensive Mavic Cine package is very disappointing.

Without being totally sure of the connection error you're getting, I had the something similar happen when I bought my RC Pro separately.

What I ended up having to do was go into the DJI Fly App on the original bundled RC 1 with whatever visual device (phone/tablet) I used at the time. Then went into my profile, device management, and "unbound" it from my account and controller.

Once that was done, I was able to immediately bind the M3 to the RC Pro. My understanding is that it has something to do with the initial fly-away coverage or something along those lines of warranty type thing. I also had made sure that the RC Pro and M3 were on the latest firmware.
Hi. Sorry, but I`m not shure if I understand. What did you unbound? Was it another drone? I have this problem with my new mavic classic when trying pairing it with my remote controller for the dji mini 3 pro. When I hit the pair "button" in the app nothing happens.

Hi. Sorry, but I`m not shure if I understand. What did you unbound? Was it another drone? I have this problem with my new mavic classic when trying pairing it with my remote controller for the dji mini 3 pro. When I hit the pair "button" in the app nothing happens.

I had to unbind the drone from the original controller I was using to allow me to bind it to the new controller I had purchased, otherwise it wouldn't let me complete the process. So I went in on phone and original controller that came with the drone (running the DJI Fly app), went into my profile, and chose to unbind. That essentially left the drone with no attached controller. It was only then that I was able to go in on the controller that I wanted it bound to in order to get the drone paired.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121