DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mavic air 2 strange behavior, will not strafe

WildcatDave

Reactions
Howdy everybody, hope everyone's staying safe and healthy and having a great holiday season. My new mavic air 2 had a couple initial flights with absolutely zero problems couldn't be more impressed with it as a replacement for my typhoon h. However the last two flights upon initial launch and elevating to a decent elevation while in tripod mode, it will not strafe left or right initially. It will go forward backward spin and go up and down just fine. If I switch it from tripod mode to normal mode and fly around a bit and then back to tripod mode and wait about a minute then it will strafe left and right. This seems to fix the issue both times. But this is alarming as it wasn't doing this when I first purchased it and I'm concerned there's an electronics problem with either the controller or the drone itself. has anyone experienced this and is there anything I should do to try to fix it. I believe I'm on the most current firmware as the unit checks for updates every time it boots up I believe.

guess I should have used the search before I posted sorry for wasting people's time. apparently there is a button directly above the launch button that disables this. I must be accidentally hitting that when I go to hit the launch button. since I use a smaller older phone screen the buttons are pretty tiny and I bet I'm fat fingering it and accidentally turning that feature on. seems like a dumb location to put that icon. it should be in a menu. not really sure why they're so worried about someone strafing left or right at launch any more than going forward or backwards since most people stand behind their drone when they launch. that seems like a more dangerous position.

I'll test that out tomorrow I'm sure that's likely the issue . Everyone back to your normally scheduled programs.

Yes, sounds like that problem. I encountered it too on my first drone trip. Was worried for an hour or two wondering if I damaged my drone flying through fog.

Yes, sounds like that problem. I encountered it too on my first drone trip. Was worried for an hour or two wondering if I damaged my drone flying through fog.

good chuckle... Worried that you damaged it by flying through fog. It's pretty funny when stuff doesn't work as we expect, especially when it's new, how we start grasping at straws at what might have caused it.

Just reporting back that indeed my drone is working just fine. I was "accidentally" hitting the on screen button (next to the take off button) that limits movement of the drone after takeoff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost