DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air Pilot in Westfield, Indiana

BenF

Reactions
Greetings All. Only have flown outside a couple of times now. As a brand new pilot, I spend most of my time on the simulator, to get my sea legs on getting the drone to go where it should go. No walls, neighbors or trees. First time I flew a toy drone I did a spectacular crash into the ceiling. My first Mavic indoor flight lasted 1 min before I crashed. (Too dark for avoidance ). Since then, I have put on the prop guards and go slow. Haven’t crashed inside since then. For $5, I registered my drone at https://faadronezone.faa.goc/#/ , labeled my drone and put my mailing address and phone number on the battery, just in case. The B4UFly app is pretty interesting, Not sure if it sends the flight plans into the airports or not, haven’t done that yet. Hope everyone has safe flying.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your bird.

There are a number of apps to get clearance to fly in NFZs. I personally use AirMap as it is essentially instantaneous. See the FAA webpage below for a list of apps.

B4UFly is several years old and has been in revision by Kittyhawk for months.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey!, fellow Hoosier, lol good to know I'm not alone in Indiana, the Mavic air is a great bird it was my first too, now I fly m2z and Inspire pro. As well it's a great hobby that can be life-changing, for sure.good luck, and fly well, btw,I'm in South Bend, ND area, let's go fly sometime.welcome?

Welcome BenF, nice to read your experiences, I'm in the Peach State here... Georgia. Just got a new Mavic Pro Platinum and I'm enjoying it too. Good luck with your Mavic Air, may the winds be to your favor!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Greetings All. Only have flown outside a couple of times now. As a brand new pilot, I spend most of my time on the simulator, to get my sea legs on getting the drone to go where it should go. No walls, neighbors or trees. First time I flew a toy drone I did a spectacular crash into the ceiling. My first Mavic indoor flight lasted 1 min before I crashed. (Too dark for avoidance ). Since then, I have put on the prop guards and go slow. Haven’t crashed inside since then. For $5, I registered my drone at https://faadronezone.faa.goc/#/ , labeled my drone and put my mailing address and phone number on the battery, just in case. The B4UFly app is pretty interesting, Not sure if it sends the flight plans into the airports or not, haven’t done that yet. Hope everyone has safe flying.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato