DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini- Funky Yaw Control??

mrreddog

Reactions
Anyone else having issues with yaw lag and it continues yawing after releasing stick?? Its making it difficult to steer using yaw, does not feel anything like a Mavic Pro or M2P or Spark...I hear people saying the Mini feels like other Mavics??? Either I got a bad one or somethings out of wack.. Definitely NOT that locked in feeling like other DJI birds????? When letting stick go after yawing, it continues Yawing to a slow down about a quarter turn?? is this normal?? I will be returning it if this is something new or a problem. Anyone else have this issue??

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
Anyone else having issues with yaw lag and it continues yawing after releasing stick?? Its making it difficult to steer using yaw, does not feel anything like a Mavic Pro or M2P or Spark...I hear people saying the Mini feels like other Mavics??? Either I got a bad one or somethings out of wack.. Definitely NOT that locked in feeling like other DJI birds????? When letting stick go after yawing, it continues Yawing to a slow down about a quarter turn?? is this normal?? I will be returning it if this is something new or a problem. Anyone else have this issue??
Check if you're in the C mode. The brakes are off there. Try doing the same movements in S mode where it's extremely agile

Its doing it in all modes, C Mode is less noticeable, but its throughout, P, S & C Mode....so this sounds like its not normal I take it??
When letting off the yaw stick, it does not brake, like a Spark or Mavic Pro would...Does this seem normal??

Its doing it in all modes, C Mode is less noticeable, but its throughout, P, S & C Mode....so this sounds like its not normal I take it??
When letting off the yaw stick, it does not brake, like a Spark or Mavic Pro would...Does this seem normal??
Isn't normal for sure.

I ended up returning it, now I gotta wait till the 20th before Best Buy restocks, gggrrrr..#%#!!
So when letting off the yaw while turning, it should brake like all other DJI birds do, is this correct??
I guess thats the question I'm after??

I can confirm that yawing feels different on the MM compared to my Mavic Pro. The MM behaves not very exact if turning too quickly. This applies to all modes and one reason might be the higher delays with Wifi transmission compared to Mavic using Ocusync.

@GerdS ,But I have 2 DJI Sparks and they use wifi also,, but they stop (or Brake) instantly when letting off the yaw stick, just like Mavic 1 & 2....Is Mavic Mini same?????? Does Mavic Mini Brake when letting off Yaw???? It Brakes fine when performing any directional movement other than yaw, Is this normal??

There is one big difference between Spark and MM, the 3-axis gimbal. One further explanation might be that when yawing the gimbal tries to start smoothly and therefore stays somewhat behind the actual yaw angle of the MM body. And when you'll release the stick the gimbal has to yaw a while to reach the center position while the MM body has already stopped yawing.
The behaviour seems to be different here from Mavic Pro, that one is more predictable.

I bought my Mavic Mini when it got out...i've use it for about 50 hours inside flying in a quite small place so i'm constantly turning left and right so a lot of yaw involve... i was really use to how it behave and then i've made the stupid mistake of updating the firmware,i didn't do any update since i bought it...after the update...it was obvious that the yaw have change....for worst...there is now a "smoothness" add to it,it doesn't stop right away like it did before the firmware update...so it's not a hardware problem but a firmware one...

yes, i saw this behavior comparing between the old logs and the newest, but the issue did not appear after the last update, but the 1.0.3 update, the delay is bigger than with 1.0.2 firmware with 0.1 sec when turning left or right

that old firmware has other issues bigger than the new one, i can live with a little delay on yawing than "not enough force" or other serious problems

I'm sure for some peoples the newest firmware have more "pro than con" but it should be normal to give the customer the choice of which firmware he want to use...i can't fly with the new firmware after enjoying so many hours with the very first firmware version that i had...to the point where i've order another one from from a guy,from the first batch..still sealed and i've place a ad looking for used un-updated Mavic Mini...that's how badly it affect me...

Trust me...it's the very first thing that i've try...i've try the 3 firmwares available and all of them have the "smooth yaw".They could also have include some "setting control" adjustment in the app to give us more flexibility with the control...

Here is a screenshot of the 3 that are available in the DJI Assistant.Since i didn't expect any problem by updating my Mavic Mini i've never notice which firmware i had before my updatemavic mini assistant 2.png

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom