DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini- Funky Yaw Control??

No...
I've start with the most recent ( 400 ),then step down to the ( 300 ),then the ( 200)
Same "smooth yaw" for the 3 firmware...

strange, because in my logs, on the .200 firmware the drone is more responsive than the .300 firmware
maybe you want to compare the logs to see if i have right or not

I can't say that there is no difference at all between the last 3 firmware but it's nothing like the first firmware that i had when i bought my Mavic Mini

You can do a dry test by just holding your MM in your hand and then yawing it a bit. On the screen you can clearly see that the gimbal is still turning somewhat further while your hand has already yawing.

To be honest,i don't care at all about the camera on the Mavic Mini,i don't even use it...i would gladly exchange the whole camera in exchange for my
"old yaw",i only fly inside to sight so,my screen could be black and it would make no difference to me...

To be honest,i don't care at all about the camera on the Mavic Mini,i don't even use it...i would gladly exchange the whole camera in exchange for my
"old yaw",i only fly inside to sight so,my screen could be black and it would make no difference to me...
Seriously, why did you buy a MM then? There are much better and cheaper drones around for indoor flying to sight. For me, flying the MM inside is boring. I prefer a tinywhoop for doing so, but not on sight but with fpv goggles.

Because i didn't know that at first...i was suppose to fly using the camera only...after trying it,i've quickly realize that it was rather useless because my "flying space" was too small to fly using just the camera so "the plan" have change and i was having a good time flight only to sight.I might use it outside in the spring/summer but i'm in Canada and the Mavic Mini is suppose to be quite bad with cold weather so i've two Inspire 2 for that type of weather...

I have been saying this since i got my MM back in november ...... When you yaw left or right it "over rotates". its hard when you want to set up a shot! Needs to be fixed!

Agree but good luck trying to explain that to DJI !!
The sad part it's that i'm sure it's a easy fix for them....

I am reassured to see that I am not the only one to deplore this problem...
I've send an email to DJI to now if their is any solution...
But unitil now, no response...

I've report this problem in a post on the DJI Mavic Mini Forum about a week ago and yesterday i got a answer from one of the moderator asking for videos of the problem.
This might help the situation but knowing the DJI reputation...let's say that i'm not really confident.
I hope they prove me wrong...
Here is the link of my original post:

Reactions: Funnone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom