DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini Software with unlocking Geo Zones v1.0.4 out!

I had the same issues couldn't work out how to unlock geozone living in a blue zone after the firmware update.
Tapped on red geozone up top of page, tapped on message code ,nothing happened??
Then pulled both sticks down and in as to initiate a takeoff and then you get the message UNLOCK, tap on that and follow instructions and wella it works :)

Ok update: on Wednesday 1st Jan I completed the firmware update late in evening after work. I cant remember everything exactly but after following the instructions for unlocking the blue zone I was text a message " (DJI) Your verification code is 761699, valid within 5 minutes" I remember entering this code in the app and wella the blue zone was unlocked. I didn't fly then as it was late at night but I was keen as mustard to update the firmware and see if it would work.

Today is a different story unable to unlock in the blue zone chasing my tail like a dog with three message pages as attached, the last page says the zone is unlocked but it does work GEOZONE still pops up after trying to takeoff. No verification code text to me. Bloody hell this frustrating and maybe time to flog this lameIMG_0220.PNGIMG_0218.PNGIMG_0219.PNG dog off and purchase something that is working properly DJI

Both the app & firmware are updated. I'll try going to the website as you suggest & will let you know. Thanks for the info.

Are you sure both the Mini's firmware AND the DJI Fly app are updated to the new version?
I also live within a blue zone, but the unlocking worked for me. If I remember correctly, after connecting the Mini with the remote via the app, I pressed "GO FLY". When a screen came up with the restriction and I hit Unlock, then I actually had to go to the Fly Safe page (Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI), scroll down to Unlocking Requests, press "Unlock a zone", In the next window that opens Press "Unlocking Requests" on the bottom. Another window opens where you have to fill in the information, then "Next Step", where you choose the area and the distances you want to unlock. Then a few minutes later I got an email about the request received, and a few more minutes later another email about granting the request to unlock.
By this time actually the zone became unlocked in the app as well.
Please let me know if it works (I am not 100% sure I remembered everything exactly).
You shouldn't have to go through the web if you are at the affected site, and you have internet for the app.

My app just updated to version 1.04 and I still have an altitude limitation of 30 meters. However according to the maps I am aside the restricted altitude zone (I am located at the red circle on the map below)
ScreenShot002a 25%.jpg
Anyway to circumvent that, because it seems a misinterpretation of the map?

Edit: just found something in the menus about unlocking, I will try that out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaffainNL