DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro 2 owner - First Drone

tlzkaasen

Reactions
Good Morning,

I've recently purchased a Mavic Pro 2 after waiting almost 2 years. This is my first drone and need some advice from all of you. I did purchase insurance for it in the event I crash it. Basically, I just bought the drone and nothing else. What other items are must have for it? (Besides extra batteries).

Thanks in advance

There are a great many posts on accessories so do some searching first. But beyond extra batteries and, if you plan to record video, neutral density filters are a must. I think most would suggest getting ND4-ND32. If you do a search on the M2P board for ND filters, you’ll find out why they are so important for video.

KB

Thanks - I'm hesitant on search too far back because tech changes rapidly. Appreciate the heads up on the filters. I would never in a million years thought to look into that.

At this stage --"I don't know what I don't know".

Reactions: jointeffort
We all know how you feel because we’ve all been there. That said, the M2’s only came out in late August so definitely do some searching on the forum and just stick with posting dates from about August 23rd on. Read all the posts that you have time for, I guarantee you it will help.

KB

There are a great many posts on accessories so do some searching first. But beyond extra batteries and, if you plan to record video, neutral density filters are a must. I think most would suggest getting ND4-ND32. If you do a search on the M2P board for ND filters, you’ll find out why they are so important for video.

KB

Extra propellers so when you fly it into the closed bathroom window, you can replace the broken one! Window 1, Zoom 0.

I'm hesitant on search too far back

If you "SEARCH" then select "ADVANCED" you have a "NEWER THAN" field you can limit the results. lot of the "things to have" are dependent on your flying location.& conditions

Filters vs no filters
Landing pad vs Leg extenders or nothing at all
Parallel battery charger vs charger provided
Phone vs pad/tablet for display
If pad/tablet do I get a sun shade

The list goes on

Reactions: tlzkaasen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members