DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro 2 owner. Lets discuss Focal Length (28mm on the Pro)

Do you like the 28mm focal length?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes, there's no way i'd want DJI to be editing my panos, at least in Photoshop you can set up the auto stitch but you still have full editing control to make adjustments. I'm not aware that you could do an automated pano stitch from a 2x3 type shoot (in PS), so now we are back to old school tedious editing? meh. As I said, this could be a reason to keep the MP1....

Good grief - stitching 2x2 or 2x3 photos in Photoshop (or ICE freeware) is hardly “tedious”. It’s half a dozen mouse clicks.

To the OP - 28mm on the Mavic is not going to be the same field of view as a 28mm on your SLR. The sensor size is also a factor in determining how much each lens 'sees'.

To the OP - 28mm on the Mavic is not going to be the same field of view as a 28mm on your SLR. The sensor size is also a factor in determining how much each lens 'sees'.
It's an equivalent 28mm full frame. So in actual fact, it is the same FOV as a 28mm SLR lens would yield

Good grief - stitching 2x2 or 2x3 photos in Photoshop (or ICE freeware) is hardly “tedious”. It’s half a dozen mouse clicks.
perhaps for social media use..... 6 mouse clicks to perfectly stitch together a minimum of 4 images? yeah, nah.

Not correct. It supports Pano via the auto pano modes. Which are fairly worthless. They prevent you selecting the field of view you want, number of images, the overlap, the horizon location.
Thats why it was pointless on the M1 and the same on the M2.
What most people getting decent panos did is select portrait mode and manually take the images. The Pro 2 does not have a portrait mode. This will likely mean for manual panos you'll need a top and bottom for each segment doubling the number of images. So instead of a 1 x 3 portrait you'll need a 2 x 3 landscape for the same effect. This obviously takes longer.

This is a quick test of the auto mode...actually not half bad. This is only a very quick edit in LR too...

D3BE3453280966A36EC466BC2EBE4960.jpg

edit: compression on Mavic Pilots isn't the best...original is sharper and has better color reproduction

Hopefully those are just compression artefacts as im seeing lots of noise and blown out highlights on there (it could be forum compression though to be fair).
Again though "Auto" gives you no selection over field of view.

Hopefully those are just compression artefacts as im seeing lots of noise and blown out highlights on there (it could be forum compression though to be fair).
Again though "Auto" gives you no selection over field of view.

Yeah the forum compression is really bad...and to be fair I didn't really do anything to the photo other than increase exposure a bit. Definitely not a final product

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_