DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro owner from Utah, USA

mikerophone

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic enthusiasts!

I'm Mike from Utah, I own a P4 and ordered my Mavic, an extra set of propellers and 2 extra batteries in early December and finally received my shipping confirmation today!

It will be here Friday, which is great, because I leave town for 12 days on Wednesday and was hoping for a much more portable drone to take with me on my travels.

I'll be in Chicago for a few days, Germany for 8 days and Amsterdam for 2 days. I'll be doing a little reading on those areas soon but if anyone has any specific tips, please feel free to speak up.

I've ordered this landing gear, transport clip and am looking at this car charger.

I have the DJI P4 car charger and it works great, but the DJI chargers are quite a bit bulkier, the P4 battery charger is 17.4vdc so I get that it needs a larger transformer to step up the voltage, but the Mavic car charger is just 13.2vdc so I'm hoping I can get away without the additional bulk of the in-line charger. I ride motorcycles and would love to keep this as portable as possible while out on my rides.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Mike. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Thanks all,

Mavic should be here tomorrow, fed ex tracking shows it in my city!

7 weeks lead time for the drone, 2 extra batteries and a set of props...

By evening tomorrow I hope to have made my first flight.

Edit: autocorrect Mavic was corrected to "Magic" let's hope that's really the case!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This little drone is amazing! Only got a few minutes outdoors and I'll say the wind does have more of an effect on it than my (now seemingly huge) P4. It started to rain so I quickly came back inside.

So awesome to finally have this little guy in my possession!

66d96b48f8655f8a33d8ffc9490908cd.jpg

b16e28dced4c798017aaf6b337a66b55.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent