DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro

Jeff48

Reactions
Long time flyer. (P2V, P2V+ and P3P). Approximately 900 total miles and over 500 just on the P3P, Last week the ESCs on the P3P developed major faults and video transmission went to hell. Sent off to Hani who has already fixed everything and is already sending it back to me. (YAY Hani). In the meantime, my darling wife of 45 years decided to get me a new toy for my birthday. Enter the Mavic Pro purchased from B&H (who we have always used to purchase camera and drone equipment and are AWESOME). The Mavic arrived today via UPS in a severely damaged shipping box and a slightly damaged manufacturer's display box (heart sunk). Opened the box and inspected the drone and controller. Only problem was the gimbal guard and cover had both separated from the AC. After reporting the damage to the driver AND to B&H, I decided to test for flaws.
Before flight I downloaded the newest FW and calibrated every possible sensor, IMU, gimbal and compass, The only thing I didn't bother with was the video sensor calibration since I didn't see any issues reported by the DJI GO4 app. 3 hours later I took it out for a test flight and it behaved amazingly. Uploaded the flight record to AirData and had no flaws.
This thing is simply amazing. Portability is fantastic. Cant wait to fly the props off of it. Its going to take some time to get used to the video settings and press to focus but what fun is it if you can't learn new stuff.
Looking forward to a long happy relationship with the Mav and now I have two great camera platforms to work with.

See y'all around in the air.
Clear skies
Cheers.

Jeff

I agree totally... Snoopy (MP) comes with me all over cuz I'm always looking for that shot and see what Snoopy sees from the sky! Almost like Superman... it's so much fun ....you have fun and fly safe

Reactions: Jeff48
Welcome to the forum, @Jeff48! We are happy to have you join us here. It is a great community. If our team can be of any assistance to you don't hesitate to reach out. Safe flying and enjoy your Mavic! :cool:

Hey welcome to the club. The Mavic Pro is an amazing "long ranger" -- it's almost too good. :) One thing I'd advise is getting a landing gear extension. They are under $10 on ebay and really help out a lot in tall grass and keeping the cam and gimbal a lit further up from the dirt and gravel.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA