DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic

listen to those people who are scared the latest update will trash their Mavic

In the case of 1.3.900 it did trash mine, dji wouldn't cover it as there was a scratch on the shell so I'm waiting on a part to become available to repair it_20170928_105950.JPG
The scratches around the vision camera was enough to void any warranty

Reactions: butterflyslicer
The scratch was caused by it flying off sideways by itself months before the failed update which killed one of the boards inside

Don't get too brainwashed into staying on the firmware that came on the Mavic when purchased.
It might be OK for those insecure people or those that don't believe in company's improving their products for better or fixing bugs. All apps and programs get updates and bug fixes, apple iPhone, Android OS, Microsoft, so why not the Mavic.
Some people just scare Munger because they hear something and they think they know better than the maker of the product. If you want to be left behind in performance and enhancements and new modes like quickshots then leave it on old firmware, but also remember for the average person who doesn't alter or tinker with drones like some and exempt the risk take note that as a new drone owner and having warranty DJI will mnot cover your new investment or fix it unless it's updated with the new firmware should something go wrong.

Where does it say you have to be fully updated for your warranty to be valid? If your Mavic came with older FW and you had a test flight and found something was broke, are you saying they won't cover it because it wasn't on the latest FW?

Reactions: Flycaster
DJI mods in "The Other Forum",even said if you want to fly older evs. no problem. Does not/will not effect your service agreement with Care/Refresh., as long as the firmware is DJI's, not the "hacked version out there. It just depends on the newly added feature(s) are worth it to you to try.....

Fly it with what comes on it from the factory first. you can always update later. Like the above poster stated, depends on what features you want?
The most stable versions are .400 and .700 for the AC.
I am still on .400 on the Mavic, and it work very fine thank you.
If I decide to buy the Goggles, I may have to bump to .700 on the AC.
Fly it with what comes on it from the factory first. you can always update later. Like the above poster stated, depends on what features you want?
The most stable versions are .400 and .700 for the AC.
I am still on .400 on the Mavic, and it work very fine thank you.
If I decide to buy the Goggles, I may have to bump to .700 on the AC.

.700 won’t work with Goggles. You won’t have head tracking.

Congrats on your new mavic....
There so much I want to share from My mavic Pro Experience I've lived through in these 4 short Months
I think I will stay on topic ..
..............................Yes Do the latest firmware update

Please keep us updated there so much I want to share about mavic
The Do's and Don'ts if you will.
....Happy Mavic-ing......C
Charles,

Please do share some of your experiences as it relates to..from unboxing to first flight. Tips from your experiences....in my country this device is extremely expensive and counts as an investment more than a hobby.

Reactions: charliesRig
I have thought about it and will not share all my knowledge/experience I have with mavic
Because these thread go side ways and next thing you know This thread's battery has lossen up and the thread will fly away.............

Instead Trini_MP
If you ask a specific question I will help by keeping This topic in VLS (Visual line of sight)
Let me just comment about your last post and hope the" battery stay put"
If anyone think at $900-$1500 is not a lot of money To that I must say if that is your thinking
Then I would respond in saying if I had your money I would burn my Money!

My Mavic pro was a gift From my life partner and She did not tell me how Much she spent...
But I know from being together over 38yrs
she like to pay above retail
I know to her it's a pricey toy.....
But to me my Mavic Pro Is more then that It is a Truly amazing Gift.
But to utilize that gift you must Fly it.!
................ Otherwise just sitting around yes the Mavic pro is just a pricey toy
.......................cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight