DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Barbados

Hello from the Crossroads of America helifox.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all, my name is Geoff Fox and as you have all probably guessed I’m having problems with my Mavic Pro Alpine White, which I bought second hand as Barbados will not allow you to import any kind of drone.
Welcome to the forum!
I'm lost on the "probably guessed"
When this is the first post on this forum.

I'm I missing something, otherwise what is the problem?

Rod ..

You purchased a second hand drone in a different country and Now you want to Import it into Barbados?
Sorry :( Not gonna Happen. There is a temporary Ban on the importation of Drones into Barbados. The ban has been in place since 2018.
BUT You can go thru the Arduous Task of applying for a Temporary Importation Permit probably not much help for you though.
The current steps for Someone to obtain a temporary permit are:

1. You must provide proof of public liability insurance for at least $250,000 USD that is valid for Barbados.
  2. List the locations you plan to fly in Barbados.
  3. Make a flight application request on the Flight Requests section of the Buava Website.
  4. Apply to the Telecommunications Unit (located on Floor 3 of the Boabab Tower, Warrens) for a radio license ($30.00 BDS) either in person, or by third party, filling out the form downloaded from their website.

Last edited:
Barbados will not allow you to import any kind of drone.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

You do realize that you will be required to have liability insurance for at least USD 250,000 and that probably does not come cheap… And you have some pretty restricted flying and a lot of hoops to jump through just to take off…

Good luck and welcome aboard…

Last edited:
You purchased a second hand drone in a different country and Now you want to Import it into Barbados?
Sorry :( Not gonna Happen. There is a temporary Ban on the importation of Drones into Barbados. The ban has been in place since 2018.
BUT You can go thru the Arduous Task of applying for a Temporary Importation Permit probably not much help for you though.
The current steps for Someone to obtain a temporary permit are:

1. You must provide proof of public liability insurance for at least $250,000 USD that is valid for Barbados.
  2. List the locations you plan to fly in Barbados.
  3. Make a flight application request on the Flight Requests section of the Buava Website.
  4. Apply to the Telecommunications Unit (located on Floor 3 of the Boabab Tower, Warrens) for a radio license ($30.00 BDS) either in person, or by third party, filling out the form downloaded from their website.
I think he bought it in Barbados because of the ban on importing drones.

I think he bought it in Barbados because of the ban on importing drones.
I see- I was thinking maybe he purchased it but couldn't get it sent to him because of the ban.
If the OP is having some sort of tech problem I will try to help BUT the ban also applies to drone parts.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne