DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member from Massachusetts

Welcome from Kentucky! I fly a Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. However, if you ultimately want a drone that can autonomously follow you in your car (in remote areas with no traffic or people around, to be compliant with FAA regulations) you'll be interested in the Skydio2. This drone is made by an American company, not DJI. It's tracking system with the beacon allows you to fly the drone hands free and it's AI obstacle avoidance is so far the best in the personal drone industry. But for now, enjoy your Mavic Mini 2, get in lots of practice, and watch lots of "how to" videos. It has bee a fun hobby for me for the last 3 years!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and owner's of Mavic drones.

Where in MA are you? I live in Uxbridge.

My all time best ride was a '63 FI Corvette coupe. Would give a body part to have it again. lol
Hi, I'm in Chelmsford. The older corvettes are real nice, I googled the 63 - a very nice car, you must have some great memories from it.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
You can research, about battery life, RTH, Find my drone, flying VLOS,pre flight check list, prevent flyaways, new pilots often say "I lost my drone and don't understand why". I was a newbie a few years back. Have learned quite a bit over the years, would encourage you to use the search function. Magnifying glass Icon upper right hand corner, is a great way to find answers to questions you will have. I own two MP's, and have been listening, and learning do's and don'ts, making my decision on facts. Fly safe and keep the rotors pointing up.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am new to this hobby as I just purchased the DJI Mini 2
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom