DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member - New to drone flying

Crowderdl

Reactions
I'm in Lenoir, NC. Just bought my first DJI Mavic Air 2. Are there any locations that would be good to fly around here and Boone area? How exactly can you fly around the Blueridge Parkway and in National Park areas? Like around Linville Falls? How to get permission? Or what areas can you takeoff and land legally?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

I'm in Lenoir, NC. Just bought my first DJI Mavic Air 2. Are there any locations that would be good to fly around here and Boone area? How exactly can you fly around the Blueridge Parkway and in National Park areas? Like around Linville Falls? How to get permission? Or what areas can you takeoff and land legally?

Thanks!
You cannot land or launch from any National Park Service property including the entire Blue Ridge Parkway without a special use permit (which is nearly impossible to get).

Check out the DJI map for other geo zones.

Reactions: Crowderdl

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! I'm in NC, as well (Reidsville/Greensboro area), and, speaking from experience, just about any area, that's worth shooting, in our State, is restricted. There are some areas in our mountains, that are free game, as well as a few on our coast, but you really have to search for them. Most are in Authorization Zones, but you can usually unlock them through Flysafe. Best of luck, Brother!

Welcome to the Forum! I'm in NC, as well (Reidsville/Greensboro area), and, speaking from experience, just about any area, that's worth shooting, in our State, is restricted. There are some areas in our mountains, that are free game, as well as a few on our coast, but you really have to search for them. Most are in Authorization Zones, but you can usually unlock them through Flysafe. Best of luck, Brother!
Thank you.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

WELCOME to the forum from western NC as well (Haywood County here).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78