DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Not young either, I never try to do what the young try, that's why I still have my two MP,s. You, can fly them from a wheel chair, hope that never happens.
Still, looking to buy the MM2, still waiting to find the right price.
Thanks for the welcome. My wife thought it was a good idea for me to get a drone, give me something to do while I’m still fit and able to get around. Normally, when we’re not in a lockdown, I play bowls, probably not something you do in the states. I’ve had a couple of big operations on my legs but luckily can still walk around ok. Looking forward to getting out and about with the drone.

Reactions: old man mavic
I love my drones, fly them at least once or twice a week, Going in for a knee operation next year. Been told that's not for Whimps. Fly Safe, I don't speed around like these young guys do.;

I love my drones, fly them at least once or twice a week, Going in for a knee operation next year. Been told that's not for Whimps. Fly Safe, I don't speed around like these young guys do.;
These knee ops seem to be getting more and more frequent, lots of my friends have have had knee and hip replacement. I had completely blocked arteries in both legs, I was 75 at the time and was very lucky, never smoked, the surgeon said that 70% of people would have lost both legs, it was only because I’ve always remained active that kept me going. 5 hour operation on right leg then 6 months later same on the right one. You will be fine, the hospitals are so much better these days.
I flew my drone properly today for the first time, I was really impressed by the quality of the pictures showing on my phone. Trouble was, I’d forgotten to activate the camera, nothing was saved so I’m going to do it all again tomorrow.

These knee ops seem to be getting more and more frequent, lots of my friends have have had knee and hip replacement. I had completely blocked arteries in both legs, I was 75 at the time and was very lucky, never smoked, the surgeon said that 70% of people would have lost both legs, it was only because I’ve always remained active that kept me going. 5 hour operation on right leg then 6 months later same on the right one. You will be fine, the hospitals are so much better these days.
I flew my drone properly today for the first time, I was really impressed by the quality of the pictures showing on my phone. Trouble was, I’d forgotten to activate the camera, nothing was saved so I’m going to do it all again tomorrow.
@Nearlypastit as i have said before age is just a number ,and as for forgetting to press record ,i would think that almost everyone on this forum has done that at some point ,i have several times ,and not only oldies like us ,enjoy your new hobby and stay safe my friend

Reactions: Nearlypastit
Just a suggestion, in area with a lot of trees, or flying thru a wooded area, I put it in tripod mode. Slow is always good, my reaction time is not what it used to be.
I love flying thru the wooded area, and not having to actually walk in rough terrain, to save my knees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7