DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reactions
Howdy folks - new pilot check-in, but not new UAS pilot, flying since 2014, have part 107, flown many drones, built a couple. Member Civil Air Patrol in Norman, Ok, working on "UAS MP" rating (CAP mission pilot) for search & rescue and mapping. Fly "tiny whoop" class in my yard, FPV, sometimes at night, using LED lights around my yard, very fun. IDK, it seems strange, here I am, a 61 year old geezer, flying FPV around the woods around my house (by myself), just for fun? Using fingers to fly FPV, I think it keeps my brain healthy...

1st DJI was Mavic Pro, trying to decide "next purchase", should I get a "toy" (Mini), or Mavic Pro 2, or FPV? Each has it's own unique advantages. My question is: Why should I spend (many) $ on a Mavic 2, when Remote ID could make it obsolete, as soon as I buy it? I understand the new rules go into effect nearly 4 years "henceforth", but still, why should I spend money now, when the new rules are pending, and it is not entirely clear what the new rules will be? To be clear, the Remote ID rules, as written, are completely ridiculous. Actually, I might buy a Phantom 4 Advanced, as this is the de-facto standard for mapping (due to mechanical shutter), but haven't decided on a professional UAV, as I don't yet know what niche I need to occupy. So if I get one now, it might just be a toy (Mini or FPV).

BTW, I've been using Airmap for airspace clearance, and I love it, it seems to be working great, where I'm at (okc) - I'm not sure how long that will continue, and if those clearances will start getting denied, in the future? It's great, as long as it actually works...

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and comments. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Reactions: Dedal and Thomas B
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Howdy folks - new pilot check-in, but not new UAS pilot, flying since 2014, have part 107, flown many drones, built a couple. Member Civil Air Patrol in Norman, Ok, working on "UAS MP" rating (CAP mission pilot) for search & rescue and mapping. Fly "tiny whoop" class in my yard, FPV, sometimes at night, using LED lights around my yard, very fun. IDK, it seems strange, here I am, a 61 year old geezer, flying FPV around the woods around my house (by myself), just for fun? Using fingers to fly FPV, I think it keeps my brain healthy...

1st DJI was Mavic Pro, trying to decide "next purchase", should I get a "toy" (Mini), or Mavic Pro 2, or FPV? Each has it's own unique advantages. My question is: Why should I spend (many) $ on a Mavic 2, when Remote ID could make it obsolete, as soon as I buy it? I understand the new rules go into effect nearly 4 years "henceforth", but still, why should I spend money now, when the new rules are pending, and it is not entirely clear what the new rules will be? To be clear, the Remote ID rules, as written, are completely ridiculous. Actually, I might buy a Phantom 4 Advanced, as this is the de-facto standard for mapping (due to mechanical shutter), but haven't decided on a professional UAV, as I don't yet know what niche I need to occupy. So if I get one now, it might just be a toy (Mini or FPV).

BTW, I've been using Airmap for airspace clearance, and I love it, it seems to be working great, where I'm at (okc) - I'm not sure how long that will continue, and if those clearances will start getting denied, in the future? It's great, as long as it actually works...
Welcome. I got the M2P before I got the mini. I just had to give the mini a try. I'm glad I did. I love them both, but the mini is just sooooo much fun to carry around and fly anytime and almost anywhere. I did get the fly more package. That's a great deal for just another C note.
Happy flying.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. I would try not to let the possibility off upcoming laws influence your current decision too much. There is still a lot of question marks around that and if you wait to buy until that plays out you may never get one! There are quite a few options for you however, depending on what you think your main function for the drone might be. If you would like, shoot us a message and we can try and help you with any other questions or concerns you may have and see about getting you into the set up that is best for you.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty