DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 New Mexico Beauty

CorralesDan

Reactions
Many of you live in beautiful places. I think we live in a beautiful place that is very different. We live in the high desert of New Mexico at 5,100 feet. The sky is big and often bright blue. We face a mountain called Sandia (Spanish for watermelon because it turns pink in the setting sun). We enjoy hawks, road runners, quail, bunnies, jack rabbits and coyotes. There is a large sage area across the street from us. I recently flew my Mini 2 in the early morning when the coyotes are still active, hoping to catch one. Unfortunately, I didn't, but this video will give you an idea of what I love about my home.

Nice, strange to see houses with flat roofs. The desert looks like my yard after this years draught and I live in Northern Ontario Canada. ;)

Reactions: db4476
Every place has it's own beauty! You did a great job showing us your area.

Reactions: CorralesDan
Many of you live in beautiful places. I think we live in a beautiful place that is very different. We live in the high desert of New Mexico at 5,100 feet. The sky is big and often bright blue. We face a mountain called Sandia (Spanish for watermelon because it turns pink in the setting sun). We enjoy hawks, road runners, quail, bunnies, jack rabbits and coyotes. There is a large sage area across the street from us. I recently flew my Mini 2 in the early morning when the coyotes are still active, hoping to catch one. Unfortunately, I didn't, but this video will give you an idea of what I love about my home.

I liked the calming slowness of the scenes, along with the appropriate music track. I was only able to see it at 540p which made it somewhat soft for me (focus-wise). New Mexico is indeed beautiful in its way. Spent a week there at the Bosque del Apache photographing the migrating snow geese and sandhill cranes.

Dale

I liked the calming slowness of the scenes, along with the appropriate music track. I was only able to see it at 540p which made it somewhat soft for me (focus-wise). New Mexico is indeed beautiful in its way. Spent a week there at the Bosque del Apache photographing the migrating snow geese and sandhill cranes.

Dale
Dale, thanks for the kind words. The Bosque del Apache is a special place, especially in the pre-dawn morning when the flocks are stirring. We live about 2 hours North and our small village, Corrales, is the Winter home to about 3 dozen Sandhill Cranes. It's fun to see them fly and feed throughout the village. Regards, Dan

I have lived in the Southwest for many years while stationed in the military. After retiring to Florida many years ago I still have a love for the South west. I guess I'm a desert rat at heart.

Great shots.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Dale, thanks for the kind words. The Bosque del Apache is a special place, especially in the pre-dawn morning when the flocks are stirring. We live about 2 hours North and our small village, Corrales, is the Winter home to about 3 dozen Sandhill Cranes. It's fun to see them fly and feed throughout the village. Regards, Dan
I have many great shots from there- here are just a few- I had to reduce the resolution from 11 MB per image to send

Attachments

• lorez-Sand Hill Cranes flight_BSQ_4885.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 6
  • plrez-Sand Hill Crane in flight_BSQ_4879.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Lorez-Three cranes in flight_BSQ_4854.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 6
  • lorez-Sandhill crane in flight-close up_BSQ_4812.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 014-Sand hill crane overhead-lorez_BSQ_4734.jpg
    014-Sand hill crane overhead-lorez_BSQ_4734.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
hey neighbor looks like a dam desert to me lol you been getting a bunch of this rain south of highway 6 looks like a golf course

Nice video, Dan. I've been through their several times in my travels across this great Country of ours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford