DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 New Mexico Beauty

CorralesDan

Reactions
Many of you live in beautiful places. I think we live in a beautiful place that is very different. We live in the high desert of New Mexico at 5,100 feet. The sky is big and often bright blue. We face a mountain called Sandia (Spanish for watermelon because it turns pink in the setting sun). We enjoy hawks, road runners, quail, bunnies, jack rabbits and coyotes. There is a large sage area across the street from us. I recently flew my Mini 2 in the early morning when the coyotes are still active, hoping to catch one. Unfortunately, I didn't, but this video will give you an idea of what I love about my home.

Nice, strange to see houses with flat roofs. The desert looks like my yard after this years draught and I live in Northern Ontario Canada. ;)

Reactions: db4476
Every place has it's own beauty! You did a great job showing us your area.

Reactions: CorralesDan
Many of you live in beautiful places. I think we live in a beautiful place that is very different. We live in the high desert of New Mexico at 5,100 feet. The sky is big and often bright blue. We face a mountain called Sandia (Spanish for watermelon because it turns pink in the setting sun). We enjoy hawks, road runners, quail, bunnies, jack rabbits and coyotes. There is a large sage area across the street from us. I recently flew my Mini 2 in the early morning when the coyotes are still active, hoping to catch one. Unfortunately, I didn't, but this video will give you an idea of what I love about my home.

I liked the calming slowness of the scenes, along with the appropriate music track. I was only able to see it at 540p which made it somewhat soft for me (focus-wise). New Mexico is indeed beautiful in its way. Spent a week there at the Bosque del Apache photographing the migrating snow geese and sandhill cranes.

Dale

I liked the calming slowness of the scenes, along with the appropriate music track. I was only able to see it at 540p which made it somewhat soft for me (focus-wise). New Mexico is indeed beautiful in its way. Spent a week there at the Bosque del Apache photographing the migrating snow geese and sandhill cranes.

Dale
Dale, thanks for the kind words. The Bosque del Apache is a special place, especially in the pre-dawn morning when the flocks are stirring. We live about 2 hours North and our small village, Corrales, is the Winter home to about 3 dozen Sandhill Cranes. It's fun to see them fly and feed throughout the village. Regards, Dan

I have lived in the Southwest for many years while stationed in the military. After retiring to Florida many years ago I still have a love for the South west. I guess I'm a desert rat at heart.

Great shots.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Dale, thanks for the kind words. The Bosque del Apache is a special place, especially in the pre-dawn morning when the flocks are stirring. We live about 2 hours North and our small village, Corrales, is the Winter home to about 3 dozen Sandhill Cranes. It's fun to see them fly and feed throughout the village. Regards, Dan
I have many great shots from there- here are just a few- I had to reduce the resolution from 11 MB per image to send

Attachments

• lorez-Sand Hill Cranes flight_BSQ_4885.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 6
  • plrez-Sand Hill Crane in flight_BSQ_4879.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Lorez-Three cranes in flight_BSQ_4854.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 6
  • lorez-Sandhill crane in flight-close up_BSQ_4812.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 014-Sand hill crane overhead-lorez_BSQ_4734.jpg
    014-Sand hill crane overhead-lorez_BSQ_4734.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
hey neighbor looks like a dam desert to me lol you been getting a bunch of this rain south of highway 6 looks like a golf course

Nice video, Dan. I've been through their several times in my travels across this great Country of ours.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter