DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 battery issue

M2M

Reactions
Hello all. I just got my new Mini 2 from Amazon last week. Have been careful to get educated about proper pre-start requirements and registration. Batteries were all fully charged for first time flight. Before my first flight, I sat with a battery inserted into the drone, and the drone powered up, while I watched one more preflight vid on Boobtube... When I went to fly the drone, I noted it felt warm, even though there was no other activity than briefly turning the rotors on then off again. The first flight was a thrill, but I noted that the battery life was only about 15 min before a low battery warning. Two other batteries with the fly more combo lasted the expected tile length. Second charge cycle now shows the battery in question will not take a full charge in the multi charger. Have tried different positions in the charger, no change to th two blinking LED light display on the charger. Putting the battery in the drone shows that it is receiving some charge, as indicated by the powering up of the drone. Have contacted DJI on this, and they recommend returning the battery for analysis and potential replacement. Before I do this, I was hoping to get some input from this experienced community. Thoughts? Experiences? Solutions? M2M

Hello all. I just got my new Mini 2 from Amazon last week. Have been careful to get educated about proper pre-start requirements and registration. Batteries were all fully charged for first time flight. Before my first flight, I sat with a battery inserted into the drone, and the drone powered up, while I watched one more preflight vid on Boobtube... When I went to fly the drone, I noted it felt warm, even though there was no other activity than briefly turning the rotors on then off again. The first flight was a thrill, but I noted that the battery life was only about 15 min before a low battery warning. Two other batteries with the fly more combo lasted the expected tile length. Second charge cycle now shows the battery in question will not take a full charge in the multi charger. Have tried different positions in the charger, no change to th two blinking LED light display on the charger. Putting the battery in the drone shows that it is receiving some charge, as indicated by the powering up of the drone. Have contacted DJI on this, and they recommend returning the battery for analysis and potential replacement. Before I do this, I was hoping to get some input from this experienced community. Thoughts? Experiences? Solutions? M2M
Speaking for myself only...if the drone is but a week old, I would return the drone to Amazon and get them to send you another...which they are quite willing to do. Much easier than dealing with DJI.

Also the batteries will become hot as there is no ventilation occurring whilst not in flight.

What percentage is the weaker battery showing in the drone after a charge, just before takeoff?

No longer taking any charge... I am just sending it back to DJI. I was interested to hear if this was a common issue with the mini 2 batteries. It does not appear to be the case.

Reactions: NG Wildman
if it was me I'd take RP6s advice and send it back to Amazon as he said they will be a lot easier to deal with plus a lot quicker.
I had a problem with my first mini 2 from a dealer on ebay, sent it back to them got a refund same day bought another next day no problem, with DJI you might have to wait for weeks to get a replacement

You would be surprised how much of the battery you use just running it on the ground with no props moving. It's highly recommended, per Old Man Mavic himself no less, to have a fan blowing across your drone if you're going to be doing stuff like updates or setup while just parked. Depending on how low you ran the battery on the ground, generating a ton of heat that isn't being dissapated, and then how low you ran that battery on your first flight its actually possible you fried the battery then and there. LiPo batteries need to be nursed the first few cycles to basically strengthen or temper them. Run to hard, hot or low right out of the box and you can really damage them.
Having said all that if you haven't already activated Care Refresh I would send all of your kit back to Amazon for a replacement. If you did activate Care Refresh then maybe see if Amazon will trade out just the battery so you don't have to deal with the hassle of the policy transfer. I've heard it's a pain in the *** to move CR from one drone to another but don't know if that's true.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser