DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 - Motor Clicking

SunriverMini2

Reactions
I just got a new Mini 2. Three of the motors will make the usually clicking sound when the props are rotated. The Fourth one is silent. I have not started it up or activated. Is this normal to have no clicking sound on the motors?

I can not judge sound, I am deaf, but I would ask, are you imaging a sound in response to a sensation felt through your fingers?
Perhaps have someone else turn the motors whilst you listen, so that the sensory inputs can not be confused.

That said if the sound is real are the props touching anything when the click occurs?

When rotating the motors with your fingers you should feel 'pulses of resistance', these are associated, I think, with the passage of the rotors' magnets over the poles of the motors' stators.

I would also check to see if you can feel any wobble in the rotor.
With a Mavic mini that had hundreds of flights I noticed that one motor 'pulsed' differently from the other 3. I then noticed that I thought it wobbled a bit but I couldn't be sure.
I removed the motor from the arm, so that I could grip the motors base and try to wobble the rotor. I couldn't feel any wobble but when I refitted the motor to the arm I was left with the impression that the screws screwed in more than they had unscrewed. They are machine screws so the threads can not be easily stripped and I am left wondering if those screws had come loose. Since refitting the motor it feels the same as the others.

The above said, loose screws should not be a problem on a new drone and 'investigating them will likely invalidate your warranty so DO NOT try.

I can not judge sound, I am deaf, but I would ask, are you imaging a sound in response to a sensation felt through your fingers?
Perhaps have someone else turn the motors whilst you listen, so that the sensory inputs can not be confused.

That said if the sound is real are the props touching anything when the click occurs?

When rotating the motors with your fingers you should feel 'pulses of resistance', these are associated, I think, with the passage of the rotors' magnets over the poles of the motors' stators.

I would also check to see if you can feel any wobble in the rotor.
With a Mavic mini that had hundreds of flights I noticed that one motor 'pulsed' differently from the other 3. I then noticed that I thought it wobbled a bit but I couldn't be sure.
I removed the motor from the arm, so that I could grip the motors base and try to wobble the rotor. I couldn't feel any wobble but when I refitted the motor to the arm I was left with the impression that the screws screwed in more than they had unscrewed. They are machine screws so the threads can not be easily stripped and I am left wondering if those screws had come loose. Since refitting the motor it feels the same as the others.

The above said, loose screws should not be a problem on a new drone and 'investigating them will likely invalidate your warranty so DO NOT try.
I tried again and holding it in my hand has the same result when turning the motors. With only 3 motors making the clicking sound. All the motors seem to look find and there is no wobble in the housing(Silver Piece).

Is this normal to have no clicking sound on the motors?
I still have the original motors on my Mini 2 (got it when it was first released). When I slowly turn the motors by hand, I can feel them smoothly ratchet/click as they turn. That doesn't make an audible sound though.

Reactions: SpitFire
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas