DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 - Not Connecting to Phone

Cambam34

Reactions
Hi! I am new to the Pilot life. This being my first drone I am running into some beginner errors.

1st - I couldn't locate an app to download off of the google store (android phone), but when I plug the phone it asks if I want to go to a specific app to which I choose yes. As soon as the app opens it asks if I want to go "Premium" for $12/month. I skip this as I assume I should be able to still use the drone. You know what they say about assuming. I want to verify that I don't need the premium membership.

2nd - The few unboxing videos I've seen have mentioned that when you get a new drone. There are usually some firmware and software downloads that must happen before you can begin flying and everything. It even mentions logging into or creating an account to begin flying.. the app hasn't requested any of that from me. I'm not sure where in the app I would go to do it myself since its not asking.

3rd - The controller doesn't too much of anything (at the moment) BUT I can control the angle of the camera. Which tells me, its connected even though the app is saying the aircraft battery is at 0% (after a full nights charge). The drone even has all 4 battery lights on.

4th - After taking it outside, its still telling me it can't take off. The immediate area is clear of obstructions. In my head there is no reason it shouldn't be flying..

5th - I am not getting any visual feedback from the camera on my phone.

I'm sure these are common mistakes that are simple to fix, I just have run out of ideas on how to fix them so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240617_105559_Drone DJI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_105559_Drone DJI.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240617_105614_Drone DJI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_105614_Drone DJI.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240617_105618_Drone DJI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_105618_Drone DJI.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240617_105650_Drone DJI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_105650_Drone DJI.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240617_105655_Drone DJI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_105655_Drone DJI.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 9
Delet the App you installed and then Go to the DJI store to download the DJI Fly APP other sources for the app seem to present problems for android users ...once you have the APP downloaded and installed...just open it and follow the prompts...it is that easy

Reactions: Cambam34
As soon as the app opens it asks if I want to go "Premium" for $12/month
Another one saying delete that app !!!!!!

What app is it? Just curious, it looks similar to Litchi but I havent used Litchi in a while.

Go to either
or
Download DJI Fly APKs for Android - APKMirror
and download the FLY app from one of those sites.

When you get the app installed then, for the moment and until you get things working and providing you are not FORCED to update firmware, then do not update the firmware.
Only once have I been forced to update firmware, at all other times it had been volintary.

In addition, unless that app conncected to DJI somehow and activated the drone, then the drone WILL NOT fly until it has been activated and that, as far as I know, requires the GENUINE fly app.

Last edited:
Hi! I am new to the Pilot life. This being my first drone I am running into some beginner errors.

1st

2nd -

3rd -

4th -

5th
1) has been covered.

2) the fly app restricts the drone's height and range if the app is not logged into a DJI account which of course implies that a DJI account is required.
The drone can actually be flown without the phone connected to the controller but it is height and range restricted, just as happens when the app is not logged in. That assumes there are no warnings etc. that need acknowledgement.
Have you read the drone's manual ?

3) The controller can tilt the camera, take pictures and start stop video recording. I suspect that app was connected to the controller, otherwise how would it know the controller's charge level ? Once everything is working correctly the controller will obviously control other things too.

4) The drone will not start its motors until it has been activated, this assumes it is brand new.
What do you mean by obstructions ? The mini 2 can not sense obstacles.
There are other considerations as well, if the GPS signal is weak it will need good lighting in order for the VPS to work. If the lighting is poor then the drone will ask for confirmation that you accept the likley hood that it will be in ATTI mode and that you are responsible for damage etc. the drone WILL NOT start its motors if that has not been accepted .... or that is the way the fly app behaves.
5) Can't explain that but wait and see what happens when you install the real fly app.

To 'repeat', you need to read the drone's manual BEFORE you attempt to fly it.

Last edited:
1) has been covered.
2) the fly app restricts the drone's height and range if the app is not logged into a DJI account which of course implies that a DJI account is required.
Have you read the drone's manual ?
3) The controller can tilt the camera, take pictures and start stop video recording. I suspect that app was connected to the controller, otherwise how would it know the controller's charge level ?
4) the drone will not start its motors until it has been activated, this assumes it is brand new.
What do you mean by obstructions ? The mini 2 can not sense obstacles. There are other considerations as well, if the GPS signal is weak it will need good lighting in order for the VPS to work, if the lighting is poor then the drone will ask for confirmation that you accept the likley hood that it will be on ATTI mode and responsiblity for damage etc. the drone WILL NOT start its motors if that has not been accepted .... or that is the way the fly app behaves.
5) can't explain that but wait and see what happens when you install the real fly app.

To 'repeat', you need to read the drone's manual BEFORE you attempt to fly it.
The highlighted point is very important....have you created a DJI Account?...This is reminding me of my first drone ( A Phantom) and the nightmare I went through getting all set up....it will work work out, just be patient

Delet the App you installed and then Go to the DJI store to download the DJI Fly APP other sources for the app seem to present problems for android users ...once you have the APP downloaded and installed...just open it and follow the prompts...it is that easy
THANK YOU!

Another one saying delete that app !!!!!!

What app is it? Just curious, it looks similar to Litchi but I havent used Litchi in a while.

Go to either
or
Download DJI Fly APKs for Android - APKMirror
and download the FLY app from one of those sites.

When you get the app installed then, for the moment and until you get things working and providing you are not FORCED to update firmware, then do not update the firmware.
Only once have I been forced to update firmware, at all other times it had been volintary.

In addition, unless that app conncected to DJI somehow and activated the drone, then the drone WILL NOT fly until it has been activated and that, as far as I know, requires the GENUINE fly app.
"DJI FLY GO: Drone Remote App" I couldn't find a version of the one you shared above. But thank you for sharing the link. I downloaded it and its worked like a charm. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61