DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini 2 owner

636DRONE

Reactions
Hey, guys just bought my first brand new drone. I love it and it was so much fun. The first day I got it later that day I put a letter and a note on it to fly it to my friend's house lol. Anyway the string the letter was on it got caught in the propeller and the drone crashed. The drone crashed perfectly lol its feet were on the ground like it was about to take off again like how you would position it to take off. Only a propeller I saw was damaged so I changed it. I am having a little OCD if something else is broken that I might not see or will run into. I flew it today the whole day and had no problems. I did notice the GPS signal took a bit longer to get all the bars but maybe it was always like that. So my question is could there be some damage and what should I check? I was recording and do have the footage of how it crashed. Thanks!

Reactions: rgarjr and 636DRONE
Welcome to the wonderful world of drones.
First - it is not a toy! Keep it close and learn to fly. Then RTFM!!! And read it enough to learn it. That will save you a ton of grief!
Second - The Trust certificate is law. It is free and available many places on-line. Here is a good one FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute
i am filling it out now thank you! any damage i should look out for? it seems fine but i want to make sure. also should i get dji refresh?

Greetings 636drones, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. I would lift off to about 6 feet and complete a control check, set it down and check for cracks, all good away you go.
Regards

You had an opportunity to purchase DJI Refresh when you registered the mini 2. Care Refresh needed to be purchased within 48 hours. You can't purchase Care Refresh after your first incident.
It seems you have a lot to learn. You can't fly it at all until you have your TRUST certificate and then strictly for recreational purposes. You can find a lot of help from FAA web sites.
So, in the meantime read and understand the manual, watch all sort of YouTube Videos related to your mini2.
When you add any weight to the mini 2 it puts it into the weight where you are required to register. Check the FAA web site for details about registration at https://faadronezone.faa.gov

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne