DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 2 with 1.02 FW

Stach

Reactions
After ordering and finally cancelling a Mini 3, because of the potential signal / range issues, I decided to save some money and pickup the Mini 2 at Costco. It arrived today and the Mini 2 has firmware v1.02. I've read that v1.04 has some potential signal / range issues on the Mini 2 as well, and can't be rolled back, so I'd like to know what was fixed or what new features were added from 1.02 to 1.03. It looks like DJI stopped updating their changelogs about 1 year ago, so which firmware version do you recommend and why? Also, I guess I may be putting the cart before the horse, but is it even possible for me to upgrade to "only" 1.03 using DJI Assistant (do I get a choice)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I recommend 01.03.0000. Been using it since it came out and have no issues with range etc. Further I use DJI Fly 1.5.10. Be aware that the latest DJI Fly app might force you to update the firmware.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. I fly a Mini 2 from Costco and I received a Firmware update yesterday (19 June 2022) for version 1.6.6, and I'm using two different Android tablets, the S2 and the A8 and my Mini 2 flew without issue. The GPS came up quickly and everything seemed to work as expected....

As for Release notes on the various updates, DJI is not very forthcoming… This about all you'll get…

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 2. You will also find the 75-page User's Manual, in case your Drone did not come with one.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

DJI Mini 2 - Download Center - DJI

When you log into your DJI account during the activation stage, you will be asked if you want to buy the Care Refresh (I recommend it!!!)

Happy and Safe Droning…

Reactions: eva2000
My new Mini 2 arrived today so with Fly app 1.6.6 it prompted to update to 1.0.5 and did that. First test flight tomorrow to see what's what :)

Reactions: Gagey52
Another vote for V01.03.0000. You can download and install using DH app.
Many thanks for the tip about DH and that's my plan, but I can't for the life of me get the Mini 2 connected and seen by either a Windows PC or Mac. I'm connecting right when I hear the first beeps, but it never shows up. Any tips?

Many thanks for the tip about DH and that's my plan, but I can't for the life of me get the Mini 2 connected and seen by either a Windows PC or Mac. I'm connecting right when I hear the first beeps, but it never shows up. Any tips?
You have to install DJI assistant 2 for Mavic for the drivers. Don't open it at the same time as DH program. For connecting the Mini 2, turn on the drone and plug the USB cable to your computer exactly when the drone start beeping, (not before, nor later), Mini2 is very picky when connecting to the DH software.

Reactions: Stach and Jam0ne
I've tried it over a dozen times now, after a Windows reboot as well, with varying times after hearing the initial beep, and I've had no success whatsoever (DH just sits looking for the bird). Any other tips? I've searched for any YouTube video showing the connection process / timing, but I couldn't find one of those either. If I use the DJI Fly app to update, I assume that I will be given no version choice and will just be upgraded to the latest?

My steps are:
  1. Have DH running
  2. Power on the Mini 2
  3. After hearing the first beep, Immediately connect the Mini 2 to the PC (my PC only has USB 3.0 ports, so I'm using a USB 3.0 to USB-C cable.

Last edited:
After trying a different USB cable, I can now finally connect (the other must have been power only, no data). However, now when I try to upgrade I get an upgrade error after about 10 seconds, then DH re-detects the Mini 2, where I can try and fail again. My serial # starts with a 3 and I also re-downloaded the correct firmware, just to be sure, but I still get an error. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future, but in order to get the firmware update working, I had to make the Windows Temp path shorter. I noticed that the update process put its directories and files in the Temp directory, which made it very long. Once I changed Temp and Tmp to C:\Temp, the update worked without issue.

Reactions: eva2000 and Faster
Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future, but in order to get the firmware update working, I had to make the Windows Temp path shorter. I noticed that the update process put its directories and files in the Temp directory, which made it very long. Once I changed Temp and Tmp to C:\Temp, the update worked without issue.
Good info, thanks for sharing.
Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada