DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 3 Pro, gimbal glitches and jello-ed image?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I got my Mini 3 Pro unboxed and took it up for two brief test flights yesterday. All was well until late in the day. I wanted to test some lowER light conditions. It wasn't dark yet, about 8:15pm. Not sure why it's coming ujp only as 1080p on YouTube. I'll try to figure that out as it was shot and rendered in 4k... Something else to figure out.

But what's causing the glitches?????

Reactions: DaveLewin
That's happened to me a couple of times, and I put it down to it being windy. Not 100% sure that's the reason.

I got some odd jellow in the bottom of the frame in this video in the hyperlapse portion...
Seen this a couple times in hyperlapses... odd....

Jello Starts at 0:12
It shows up in the bottom part of the hyperlapse in three weird segments: | | |

I've had that and also I get a drifting to the left on the yaw, haven't had jello effect (must be a 'murica thang!):D

YT requires the processing of the video to other quality and this = time

Last edited:
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Your gimbal is acting like you are in FPV mode and adding a bit of roll. As the camera starts to simulate FPV views in can "jump" a lot while looking below 0.

Your gimbal is acting like you are in FPV mode and adding a bit of roll. As the camera starts to simulate FPV views in can "jump" a lot while looking below 0.
Mine also started acting like in fpv mode. Sways when turning left or right.

Reset?

I am also having gimbal issue with my brand new Mini 3.

I am also getting Gimbal overload error from time to time. Flying my Mini 2 in the same conditions I have zero issues.

I am also having gimbal issue with my brand new Mini 3.

I am also getting Gimbal overload error from time to time. Flying my Mini 2 in the same conditions I have zero issues.
Yeah, that's some serious jello in that video. Just curious, have you ever changed out the props? Props could become unbalanced and could produce jello. It's recommended to change out props once a year. Also, are you shooting in 4K? You could try lowering down to 1080p to see if that helps. If that does help, you may need a higher speed memory card to keep up with the 4K shooting. If you are planning on recording in 4K remember that 4K video requires a 12.5MB/s write speed. Whenever I'm on Amazon memory card shopping, I look for “U3” or “V30” symbol indicating that the minimum sustained write speed is30MB/s which is more than enough for many applications. Just a few suggestions I could think of. If all else fails, I'd send back to Dji for repairs.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I got my Mini 3 Pro unboxed and took it up for two brief test flights yesterday. All was well until late in the day. I wanted to test some lowER light conditions. It wasn't dark yet, about 8:15pm. Not sure why it's coming ujp only as 1080p on YouTube. I'll try to figure that out as it was shot and rendered in 4k... Something else to figure out.

But what's causing the glitches?????

It's on youtube at resolutions up to 4K. When I viewed it, it opened at 1080p, but other resolutions are available via the option button (gear icon) on the lower edge of the window.

Yeah, that's some serious jello in that video. Just curious, have you ever changed out the props? Props could become unbalanced and could produce jello. It's recommended to change out props once a year. Also, are you shooting in 4K? You could try lowering down to 1080p to see if that helps. If that does help, you may need a higher speed memory card to keep up with the 4K shooting. If you are planning on recording in 4K remember that 4K video requires a 12.5MB/s write speed. Whenever I'm on Amazon memory card shopping, I look for “U3” or “V30” symbol indicating that the minimum sustained write speed is30MB/s which is more than enough for many applications. Just a few suggestions I could think of. If all else fails, I'd send back to Dji for repairs.
I just recently had some crazy bad jello shots with my Mini3 Pro, and when I came searching for ideas, your post stood out @hjones62 - thank you. I am going to change the props tonight and try again tomorrow.

The current set of props did indeed nick a wall, but still appeared ok upon inspection, but I think the symptom of the jello in the shot may be exactly as you note.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato