DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini 3 pro user, first flight - 2 newbie mistakes questions

Hi there!
I'm new to the drone world. It's been a dream since 2019 and finally I have a new drone.
Here's the thing -
I forgot to take the foam off the gimbal before turning on the mini 3 pro, it was standing for about 50 sec and then I took off. All in all it was 2:26 minutes in the air, landed straight away. Everything seems fine and working but I'm still worried.

Second thing is it was between 28-33 degrees Celsius, was it too hot to fly?

Thank you in advance
I have a Mavic 2 pro and have done that , but only to the start up stage , I now have a bright yellow ribbon on the gimbal cover , no more issues

Reactions: Henchula
Hi there!
I'm new to the drone world. It's been a dream since 2019 and finally I have a new drone.
Here's the thing -
I forgot to take the foam off the gimbal before turning on the mini 3 pro, it was standing for about 50 sec and then I took off. All in all it was 2:26 minutes in the air, landed straight away. Everything seems fine and working but I'm still worried.

Second thing is it was between 28-33 degrees Celsius, was it too hot to fly?

Thank you in advance
Our std winter ( sunny )days here are around 25 *c summer a lot hotter 35* + no problem, but as always read the operation instructions

Been flying drones for 5 years and RC helicopters before that.
Did exactly the same with my new M3P yesterday, so it isn't a 'new to the hobby' thing.

Just didn't see that damned foam!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom