DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini owner/user

nad-h

Reactions
New to drones and new to the Mavic mini. Hello all. Pleased to be here and thank you. Originally wanted the Mavic 2 Pro but it`s a lot of kit for a reasonably high amount of money and zero experience. So it will have to wait.

Was out yesterday first time and used up all 3 batteries lol. Lovely bit of kit, but I went up into the hills near my home and it was a panicky session. This thing hates the wind and there were times i thought she ain't coming back. Great learning curve and maybe won't go so high an elevation to fly next time.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome......……….new here too with an MM.

Its a bit sketcky at winds over 15mph in my brief experience especially landing so just don't take it out when its over 15mph. Hills are the worst obviously and my field behind the house is the highest hill in our town at 35M above the town. Hey ho. Video attached...………….

Reactions: wjkrysak and nad-h

Its a bit sketcky at winds over 15mph in my brief experience especially landing so just don't take it out when its over 15mph. Hills are the worst obviously and my field behind the house is the highest hill in our town at 35M above the town. Hey ho. Video attached...………….

You did really well. We were perched right up on a huge hill, could see for miles from up there. Not surprised about the wind but she did come back and held up well.

Reactions: mike150

Not bad...

Reactions: mike150 and nad-h
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Manual landing in this first video as I was a tad worried if RTH was employed it might not be too accurate and end up in the canal lol.

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have much fun with it. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have much fun with it. You will find all sorts of suggestions and recommendations here in the forums. Wish you well. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.
Cheers, much appreciated. Something tells me this is about to get addictive and very EXPENSIVE :oops:

New to drones and new to the Mavic mini. Hello all. Pleased to be here and thank you. Originally wanted the Mavic 2 Pro but it`s a lot of kit for a reasonably high amount of money and zero experience. So it will have to wait.

Was out yesterday first time and used up all 3 batteries lol. Lovely bit of kit, but I went up into the hills near my home and it was a panicky session. This thing hates the wind and there were times i thought she ain't coming back. Great learning curve and maybe won't go so high an elevation to fly next time.
Hey there
Have a great time here

Re: the wind.

Rule of thumb: The heavier an object the less it is effected by wind and visa versa. Stands to reason as the mavis is tiny it will be effected and affected by the wind conditions. get some apps that will tell you wind speed etc. also have a look at your surroundings and yon generally tell how windy it is by observing trees and flags. One reason why airports have windsocks.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mojusound