DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini propellers making contact with body and arm

Has anyone had an issue of the props coming into contact with drone during flight? Mine will make a buzzing sound and the drone will twitch downward on the corner where contact is being made. This is my first drone and I like it alot but this seems to be a major issue. I have had little over a week and no crashes at all, but this problem has come up and seems to be worsening. I have changed props twice now and the problem persists. Anyone else have this happen or any advice. Dji wants me to send it back but itll rake 2 weeks, not thrilled about that right after i bought it. Thanks
I have noticed that only one blade is making contact, so I think the blade screw to the motor is cross threaded.

Is the whole arm bending possibly? I think sending it back is your best bet. Sorry about that. They’re a fun little drone and it’s worth getting another one or add a few hundred bucks and step up. Hope you’re up flying soon.
My thought is the foam insert missing from the back of the arm.

Yes, mine does it DJi say I need to send in a video of the problem which is impossible
Well at least they took an interest in yours. It took me 1:35 on the phone getting shoved around dji only to be told that they couldnt do nothing on the phone and that I need to go to the website to open a claim and send the drone back. I was not pleased. The only idea my “tech” had was to look at the arms and see if they were the same length?? I mean how many different arms are they making for these? I liked flying the drone but the service and overall experience has left something to be desired. But, if you are having the same issue is it by chance on the front right arm?

It's already in route for a Amazon exchange... I wasn't aware Amazon would return or exchange after flown. That's great for you... faster than a DJI Service replacement of about 10 days.

Not to beat a dead horse, but did you happen to take the prop off and attempt to just screw in the little bolt? I'd still lean to the bolt not fully & squarely shouldering on the motor's base plate. I agree, they feel tight but I found even when felt tight they were slightly canted off vertical center and you could see one part of shoulder not on base plate. It isn't much, I'd guess .10-.25 mm max. But enough to create a gap & loose prop.

Good luck with the replacement...
BTW... I ordered 2 extra sets of blades... they were on back-order for 3 weeks.
So we're not alone in eating blades!

On the other subject... alternate drone.
That's quite the jump from Mini to EVO2. The EVO2 in it's lowest camera configuration will most likely exceed $1100 easily and if equipped with the Dual and 320 or 640 Thermal... it'll jump above $3K easily.

A Spark is a great little craft too... and very durable. Especially nice after you swap the blades out with MasterAirScrew.
Those are on eBay, several kits for great prices.

Have Fun!

It's already in route for a Amazon exchange... I wasn't aware Amazon would return or exchange after flown. That's great for you... faster than a DJI Service replacement of about 10 days.

Not to beat a dead horse, but did you happen to take the prop off and attempt to just screw in the little bolt? I'd still lean to the bolt not fully & squarely shouldering on the motor's base plate. I agree, they feel tight but I found even when felt tight they were slightly canted off vertical center and you could see one part of shoulder not on base plate. It isn't much, I'd guess .10-.25 mm max. But enough to create a gap & loose prop.

Good luck with the replacement...
BTW... I ordered 2 extra sets of blades... they were on back-order for 3 weeks.
So we're not alone in eating blades!

On the other subject... alternate drone.
That's quite the jump from Mini to EVO2. The EVO2 in it's lowest camera configuration will most likely exceed $1100 easily and if equipped with the Dual and 320 or 640 Thermal... it'll jump above $3K easily.

A Spark is a great little craft too... and very durable. Especially nice after you swap the blades out with MasterAirScrew.
Those are on eBay, several kits for great prices.

Have Fun!
I agree that it is huge difference in drones but now that im not worried about the flying aspect, a higher end drone is what i want to get into? I did not ever check the screws alone into the motors without the props, that would have been a good idea. I probably could've of figured it out, but I buy junk all the time that I have to fix but when I buy new i expect new good stuff. That coupled with their stellar customer service made me say f*** it and just send it back.

I agree that it is huge difference in drones but now that im not worried about the flying aspect, a higher end drone is what i want to get into? I did not ever check the screws alone into the motors without the props, that would have been a good idea. I probably could've of figured it out, but I buy junk all the time that I have to fix but when I buy new i expect new good stuff. That coupled with their stellar customer service made me say f*** it and just send it back.
LOL... I hear ya... enjoy the new Mini.
Plus... nothing wrong with having multiple crafts!
The Mini to play with and larger scale for more photo op.

I'll also state... the anxiety of sending a high price package up doesn't get easier.. at least not for me. Sending it out over a construction site with city activity around the area is concerning. But it does insure you take the time and pre-flight the platform and examine the environment. I also use a small craft... Mavic Air or Spark to test the environment for radio interference. Much rather loose a Spark to an Inspire 2 or M210 with a X5S or X7 payload... or a M600Pro Ronin hanging a A7Riii.

The EVO2 remains a prediction to market, Have you considered the new Skydio S2 ?
I'm on the list for a S2 and I'm waiting to see more details on the EVO2 Thermal.

LOL... I hear ya... enjoy the new Mini.
Plus... nothing wrong with having multiple crafts!
The Mini to play with and larger scale for more photo op.

I'll also state... the anxiety of sending a high price package up doesn't get easier.. at least not for me. Sending it out over a construction site with city activity around the area is concerning. But it does insure you take the time and pre-flight the platform and examine the environment. I also use a small craft... Mavic Air or Spark to test the environment for radio interference. Much rather loose a Spark to an Inspire 2 or M210 with a X5S or X7 payload... or a M600Pro Ronin hanging a A7Riii.

The EVO2 remains a prediction to market, Have you considered the new Skydio S2 ?
I'm on the list for a S2 and I'm waiting to see more details on the EVO2 Thermal.
I have looked at the skydio. I like the autonomy part of it, but I want to fly a drone and it seems like pilot controls are second on the priorities list. The controller is seperate and chintzy for how much you got to spend in my opinion. The beacon aint cheap either for it to hone in on. I think its really cool but just not for me

Has anyone had an issue of the props coming into contact with drone during flight? Mine will make a buzzing sound and the drone will twitch downward on the corner where contact is being made. This is my first drone and I like it alot but this seems to be a major issue. I have had little over a week and no crashes at all, but this problem has come up and seems to be worsening. I have changed props twice now and the problem persists. Anyone else have this happen or any advice. Dji wants me to send it back but itll rake 2 weeks, not thrilled about that right after i bought it. Thanks

I reported this to DJI and give them time to put out a response but they haven't yet so I've been trying to get the word out myself

I reported this to DJI and give them time to put out a response but they haven't yet so I've been trying to get the word out myself
DJI reached out to me and said they are shipping me out replacement blades

DJI reached out to me and said they are shipping me out replacement blades
Glad for you ,but me the one that discovered and reported the defect . I been "black balled" social rating score dropped by DJI , anti-virus identified DJI assistant 2 as a Trojan , While having my computer in the shop to be investigated one of my credit cards was hacked . Someone in Chicago bought Tires and airplane tickets with it . I get my computer back and they found out the version of DJI Assistant 2 I had was a Trojan , Said when I originally D/L it from the DJI Site I got redirected to a "drones4life.com" that doesn't even exist !
I first tried talking with DJI about it and they have washed there hands of me , so I've asked the FBI to look into it.

Reactions: Bearsfan77
Crazy how many are having the same problem I was. I got my return done and couldnt be happier that I did. I had purchased the care plan for it and have been trying to get it refunded since January 2. 14 emails and 3 phone calls later I am still no closer to getting my refund. Even better is that when you call they say that the support side can only be contacted by email and you cant talk to them or a supervisor or get a call back to save your life. And the most info that i can get out of them in an email is that its being looked at and will take a few days to process. Over 3 weeks now. Absolutely worthless service. I would never buy anything dji ever. Not sure how such horrible service can come from a company that so many seem to be in love with. On top of all of this, they clearly released a product with issues. Seems pretty basic to make a helicopter not have the rotors come into contact with the craft. What a joke. I went autel and will never be back. Hopefully i can save someone else the hassle!!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU