DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini propellers making contact with body and arm

TacticalDuc

Reactions
Has anyone had an issue of the props coming into contact with drone during flight? Mine will make a buzzing sound and the drone will twitch downward on the corner where contact is being made. This is my first drone and I like it alot but this seems to be a major issue. I have had little over a week and no crashes at all, but this problem has come up and seems to be worsening. I have changed props twice now and the problem persists. Anyone else have this happen or any advice. Dji wants me to send it back but itll rake 2 weeks, not thrilled about that right after i bought it. Thanks

Reactions: Bearsfan77
One user noticed a difference in the height of the props connection to the screw spindle of a mm or 2. Check your other uninstalled prop hubs against the ones on the offending arm. Might find the problem.

Reactions: netsonic
So they all appear to be the same. I took the unused props from the fly more kit and the ones currently on the craft and checked with calipers and they are all the same. Cw and ccw didnt seem to make a difference

Motor seems to be true when turning as well. Thought maybe the spindle in middle was bent but the props only make contact sometimes but when they do it is significant

may i ask if you fly in sport mode much ,and do abrupt turns at speed ,the props are very flexible ,and that sort of flying could cause them to contact the body of the drone

may i ask if you fly in sport mode much ,and do abrupt turns at speed ,the props are very flexible ,and that sort of flying could cause them to contact the body of the drone
I do fly it pretty aggressively sometimes but they tend to hit when doing slow small movements. Seems like they always hit when I’m descending altitude. But itll happen full forward on the stick or just slightly moving forward at all. It started to happen so often that I cant pick out a pattern or movement that causes it? I really enjoy flying it because I’ve wanted a quadcopter for awhile, but sending it out for 2 weeks is lame when Ive only had it little over a week and I haven’t crashed it? Makes me nervous of the durability if I do wreck it

Just curious, how do your props look in this configuration?

d04087d1c57740724cdd1b7887472137.jpg

Has anyone had an issue of the props coming into contact with drone during flight? Mine will make a buzzing sound and the drone will twitch downward on the corner where contact is being made. This is my first drone and I like it alot but this seems to be a major issue. I have had little over a week and no crashes at all, but this problem has come up and seems to be worsening. I have changed props twice now and the problem persists. Anyone else have this happen or any advice. Dji wants me to send it back but itll rake 2 weeks, not thrilled about that right after i bought it. Thanks
I too changed the props... and did notice the new props seemed a little more floppy. Closer examination, showed a little more gap / clearance between prop and motor. Comparing the OEM mounted and my mount; the replacements were floppy. In my case, it turned out to be the screws weren't shouldered onto the motors.
When mounting the delicate little screws, It felt tight but wasn't squarely contacting the screw's bolt shoulder. When starting the screw and then backing it out a few turns, then back in... it would properly shoulder on the motor top plate. That removed all slop in my situation.

I too changed the props... and did notice the new props seemed a little more floppy. Closer examination, showed a little more gap / clearance between prop and motor. Comparing the OEM mounted and my mount; the replacements were floppy. In my case, it turned out to be the screws weren't shouldered onto the motors.
When mounting the delicate little screws, It felt tight but wasn't squarely contacting the screw's bolt shoulder. When starting the screw and then backing it out a few turns, then back in... it would properly shoulder on the motor top plate. That removed all slop in my situation.
I believe they are all firmly tight. Ive had all the props off all the arms so that I could start the motors and look for a vibration bent spindle on the motors. All the props went back on and are tight. None of them make contact except for this one arm. I think its vibration causing enough deflection in the arm and props to make contact. I have no way of knowing for sure but it will not do it hovering in front of me? Its driving me nuts though i know that

How much play do they have when you move them up and down gently? Are the screws all tight and adequately tightened? Do you use any prop holders? MM props are super delicate, I think using prop holders that ere to tight/thick might damage/bend them too much, same as placing drone in tight jacket pocket etc. Did you hit/clip the ceiling?

Yes the screws are very tight. No prop holders used and the drone has only gone from the flymore case to the little helipad thing and back. I havent dropped it or crashed into anything. The drone has given me no problems except for this issue. At this point i may just return it and get another mini or a different drone all together.

Is the whole arm bending possibly? I think sending it back is your best bet. Sorry about that. They’re a fun little drone and it’s worth getting another one or add a few hundred bucks and step up. Hope you’re up flying soon.

Reactions: grahamjohnson10
Yes the screws are very tight. No prop holders used and the drone has only gone from the flymore case to the little helipad thing and back. I havent dropped it or crashed into anything. The drone has given me no problems except for this issue. At this point i may just return it and get another mini or a different drone all together.
I think the best thing to do is to return it. It won't take all that long to get it back. Easy for me to say..I have two Sparks for the same reason.

So i just had ups pick it up. I did a return thru amazon. Now I have to decide to try and find another or step up to something better. The evo 2 is interesting at the moment. I originally wanted the evo but didnt want to spend a grand to just wreck it, but flying was pretty easy and I dont feel as uncomfortable with one of the more expensive ones anymore. Decisions decisions. Thanks for all the replys and effort though guys!!

Are you thinking that Amazon will replace it? if so that is a quandary. If not..just hang on awhile. The new one will perform as expected and you'll have it in no time. I know what you are saying about being more comfortable. It's a big if at first. I never use the quick shots but I love the active track mode, especially profile, with my Mavic Air..just sayin;)
keep us advised!

Yes, mine does it DJi say I need to send in a video of the problem which is impossible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky