DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MPP

jk6672

Reactions
Hey guys I've been messing with my new MPP for a couple of days now. This is my first DJI product, I've been flying 3D RC planes for years and have only flown a couple little horizon hobby drones and wanted to get into aerial video of action and nature. I have a couple of questions. 1st, what should I use to actually see what the camera is pointed at? My iphone 7s plus sucks, I can't see crap unless I'm in the shade. I've been wanting to purchase a ipad pro 10.5 for other needs as well, but I don't know if that will be any better in the sun.
I was thinking of maybe trying the dji goggles, worth a try?
secondly, I haven't changed any camera settings, the video looked too noisy and lacking detail, is there a recommended video setting for clear skies? filters I should look into investing?

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hey guys I've been messing with my new MPP for a couple of days now. This is my first DJI product, I've been flying 3D RC planes for years and have only flown a couple little horizon hobby drones and wanted to get into aerial video of action and nature. I have a couple of questions. 1st, what should I use to actually see what the camera is pointed at? My iphone 7s plus sucks, I can't see crap unless I'm in the shade. I've been wanting to purchase a ipad pro 10.5 for other needs as well, but I don't know if that will be any better in the sun.
I was thinking of maybe trying the dji goggles, worth a try?
secondly, I haven't changed any camera settings, the video looked too noisy and lacking detail, is there a recommended video setting for clear skies? filters I should look into investing?
Howdy from Wyoming @jk6672 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I use the CrystalSky as a monitor, it is great in direct sunlight. As far as your video issues go are you looking at the video directly on the MicroSD card or the cached video on your phone? The cached video is only a 720p preview. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I use the CrystalSky as a monitor, it is great in direct sunlight. As far as your video issues go are you looking at the video directly on the MicroSD card or the cached video on your phone? The cached video is only a 720p preview. Fly safe and have fun!

that was through the cache on the phone and viewing through the phone. I did purchase a ipad 10.5, mavmount and hood

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb