DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New outfit

Thanks for the link fozzy. I was browsing online and found a couple of sites where you can upload your own designs - so I'm going to create my own, inspired by this livery, and get it printed. I like the beaten weathered look, but I'd like to tone it down somewhat - and also replace "Gulf" with "Mavic"... :)
Thats a cracking idea dude!

Are these wraps permanent once applied? I really want to get one but not if once its on, it's on for life.

The online stores all claim that the adhesive is strong but that the vinyls can be removed easily, without leaving residue behind.

I've since found a UK supplier, but originally intended to use DecalGirl. Their site has a lot of good info... LINK

Reactions: fozzzy
@fozzzy - ordered for my M2P. Love the Gulf Racing scheme. Looked fantastic on the old Le Mans GT40’s and more recently the Aston’s.

Looks really good quality and been trying to decide on a skin. Now just need something for the MA :)

@fozzzy - ordered for my M2P. Love the Gulf Racing scheme. Looked fantastic on the old Le Mans GT40’s and more recently the Aston’s.

Looks really good quality and been trying to decide on a skin. Now just need something for the MA :)
Excellent, they do a nice martini racing one for the MP1 dude, could play racing ;)

Here's what I've been working on. Flat colours looked a little too... flat, so, I've added a hint of digi-camouflage to the base colours. The sponsor logos have been changed to reflect the features of the Mavic. I've gone for a "Gulf" style font for the replacement Gulf logos, as the Mavic font looks too thin and incongruous within the Gulf logo roundel. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think!Mavic Gulf livery 02.jpg

Nobby: WOW am I impressed! Was this image done as a bitmap in Photoshop or some other editor or is it a vector drawing? And, where did you find the Hasselblad typeface?! Ah, I just found it on brandsoftheworld dot com. Very cool.

Nobby: WOW am I impressed! Was this image done as a bitmap in Photoshop or some other editor or is it a vector drawing?
Thanks kilomikebravo! It's a Photoshop CC job, done for print (300dpi at 1/1 scale of the Mavic). Creating it all as vectors would have been a bit more time consuming... Of course, I started out meaning to create something quite quick and simple - but as usual got slightly carried away! I'm planning to keep all the other surfaces largely orange.

If I can get it finished and uploaded to DecalGirl before 25th Dec there's a 25% discount offer currently running on the site!

If anyone else would like any of the graphical elements or the whole skin, I'm happy to send a Dropbox link.

Here's what I've been working on. Flat colours looked a little too... flat, so, I've added a hint of digi-camouflage to the base colours. The sponsor logos have been changed to reflect the features of the Mavic. I've gone for a "Gulf" style font for the replacement Gulf logos, as the Mavic font looks too thin and incongruous within the Gulf logo roundel. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think!View attachment 56265
Nice one dude, Where did you grab the template for the sizing??

Nice one dude, Where did you grab the template for the sizing??
Hey fozzy,

I got the templates from DecalGirl. They don't have an option to download them, so I just took screenshots of the templates and scaled them up to the right size in a Photoshop file I'd prepared at the right size/resolution.

Last edited:
Hey fozzy,

I got the templates from DecalGirl. They don't have an option to download them, so I just took screenshots of the templates an scaled them up to the right size in a Photoshop file I'd prepared at the right size/resolution.
Cheers buddy, ill have a look on the site, be a nice little project to play with over christmas

My Dirty Gulf skin has turned up for my M2P. @fozzy - I agree, real quality production. Just taking my time putting it on but so far so good.
Fantastic dude, I messed up a couple of times, just removed and reapplied without issue, definitely quality stuff he's using. Get some piks up as soon as your finished

So, I finished my non-dirty Mavic Gulf wrap in time to take advantage of the DecalGirl holiday discount code; uploaded it, went to the checkout, $8 off the $32 price tag - nice! - shipping to the UK... $24.85! So, about as much as the discounted wrap costs! Hmm. No thanks DecalGirl... :(

So, I finished my non-dirty Mavic Gulf wrap in time to take advantage of the DecalGirl holiday discount code; uploaded it, went to the checkout, $8 off the $32 price tag - nice! - shipping to the UK... $24.85! So, about as much as the discounted wrap costs! Hmm. No thanks DecalGirl... :(
Yeah thats why i left the decalgirl wraps alone tbh, still super stoked at the gulf wrap from ebay uk.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123