DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new part 107 pilot newbie question

coldblue

Reactions
Hi all,
I recently passed my part 107 test. I am planning to take some drone footage for one of my real estate friend in NYC.
I know the drone is prohibited in NYC, but is there any wavier I can apply to legally fly in NYC?
Just to make it more clear, I will need to take some footage at Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.

Reactions: Classic flyer
You'd have to take it up with NYC before the FAA but you'll probably be wasting your time. I don't think it's likely that you'll get anywhere. I believe there is an actual law (search "avigation") that applies.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hi all,
I recently passed my part 107 test. I am planning to take some drone footage for one of my real estate friend in NYC.
I know the drone is prohibited in NYC, but is there any wavier I can apply to legally fly in NYC?
Just to make it more clear, I will need to take some footage at Dyker Heights, Brooklyn.
Congratulations on your
Hi all,
Hi all,
[/QUope you can make yourself a few $$$...bopeTE]
Hi all,
Congratulations on your 107 certificationsmart flope you can make a few $$$...be smar
Hi all,
congratulations on your 107 certification...hopefully you can make a few $$$...be smart fly safe

You'd have to take it up with NYC before the FAA but you'll probably be wasting your time. I don't think it's likely that you'll get anywhere. I believe there is an actual law (search "avigation") that applies.

Yea, I did see that. So NYC is prohibited any drone usage then? But I think I did see some drone footage before...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian