DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New phone problem

Bilko57

Reactions
Hi
New here, new to drones too really.
Got a DJI mini 2 and it worked perfectly with my old Moto g8. Got a pixel 6 today and while I can do the usual on the phone screen when connected to RC the screen is black. Tried airplane mode, USB debugging but no luck. Is it because the phone is unsupported? Daft question really. It's running Android 12

Cheers for any response

Hi
Got a DJI mini 2 and it worked perfectly with my old Moto g8. Got a pixel 6 today and while I can do the usual on the phone screen when connected to RC the screen is black. Tried airplane mode, USB debugging but no luck. Is it because the phone is unsupported? Daft question really. It's running Android 12

Cheers for any response
Should have said I'm using DJI fly app

Reactions: Steel63 and Droniac
I can do the usual on the phone screen when connected to RC the screen is black.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Bilko57.

Sounds like you're connected, but not seeing the camera view?

Check your camera settings in the app.

Sometimes I'll shoot in MANUAL mode and forget to switch back to AUTO.

The previous setting may wash out the screen or darken it when I fly the next time.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. 😎

welcome to the forum
Hi
Yeah that's exactly the problem I tried switching between auto and manual but made no difference. I can even take a photo use the phone so there is some communication between devices going on but no camera view.
Oddly when first connecting a not enough light to fly or words to that effect message pops up.

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it 👍

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hi

Cheers for any response
Dumped my Pixel4XL because it would never connect to the aircraft. Super happy with my new iPhone 13 pro max.

Hi
Yeah that's exactly the problem I tried switching between auto and manual but made no difference. I can even take a photo use the phone so there is some communication between devices going on but no camera view.
Oddly when first connecting a not enough light to fly or words to that effect message pops up.

Thanks for the welcome
Sounds like something is covering the sensor / camera to get the low light warning or you're in a dark environment to begin with. I only get the low light warning when it's dark outside and I mean dark. Check the camera and see if you left the shipping cover on it / plastic film / etc.

Never had an issue with my Moto-G. Maybe the Pixel is not supported - go to DJI website and check that. Possibly a cable issue, but would think you'd not get the "low light warning" if bad.

Hi

Cheers for any response
Welcome from Long Island NY. Flysafe & Godspeed, Droniac

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Greetings from Florida .your phone should work fine with the dji fly app I'm using a lg v50 it works great and your phone specs are a lot better than mine just saying not sure y it.s not working ! good luck I hope you figure it out

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580