DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro New photo and drone channel from Mongolia

VegardBerland

Reactions

My friend from Norway lives in Mongolia and have just started a YouTube-channel were he drives around in Mongolia and fly drones, take photos and exploring the country. Mongolia is a beautiful a special country and I get to edit his videos.

Maybe this channel could interest you. Sorry for the bad audio, hopefully he will get a better microphone soon 😃

CLEARLY he needs to get a good windscreen for whatever mic he is using...a "dead cat" furry windscreen might be best if he's going to shoot vide on tops of mountains and anywhere flat where there is nothing to stop the wind. I would also recommend he get an inexpensive wireless lav like the Hollyland LARK M1 Duo. Why two? Well, if he meets someone he really wants to interview he can do so and still have a mic on himself. So, a simple small shotgun mic (like the Sennheiser MKE200) with windscreen on the camera and a wireless lav for him and he's set. You know, they say, the best videos in the world aren't much good with bad audio.

This is a drone forum, so as far as his drone footage goes, it was pretty good, he just needs more of it...perhaps less driving footage and more drone. But, a good name for his series and a very interesting subject.

CLEARLY he needs to get a good windscreen for whatever mic he is using...a "dead cat" furry windscreen might be best if he's going to shoot vide on tops of mountains and anywhere flat where there is nothing to stop the wind. I would also recommend he get an inexpensive wireless lav like the Hollyland LARK M1 Duo. Why two? Well, if he meets someone he really wants to interview he can do so and still have a mic on himself. So, a simple small shotgun mic (like the Sennheiser MKE200) with windscreen on the camera and a wireless lav for him and he's set. You know, they say, the best videos in the world aren't much good with bad audio.

This is a drone forum, so as far as his drone footage goes, it was pretty good, he just needs more of it...perhaps less driving footage and more drone. But, a good name for his series and a very interesting subject.
Thank you so much for the feedback and some great tips. Yes, the sound is terrible, so he needs some new audio equipment. I will send your suggestions to him.

The only problem is that it is several days to drive to where he can get hold of a new mic, but hopefully he gets one soon.

And hope he gets more drone footage in the next video. The weather conditions made it difficult this time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes