DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot - Beginner - Arizona, USA

Az_Jack

Reactions
Hello and thank you for the service this community provides. I found this site back in May while looking for a locally used MV2 on OfferUp. I was hoping to get some advice from someone local to my area and my convince him/her to meet a local seller and fly it for me. I am a total beginner (though my 19 year old son is quite proficient). I am specifically grateful for the help of moderator "Thomas B." for being willing to help me as described above.

I believe in recognizing good service when it is offered so I also want to give my endorsement to Dronetrader.com. While I did not ultimately get my drone through their service, the communication with their customer service was exceptional. They even rewarded me with a $20 Amazon gift card for offering a suggestion to their messaging system that they had not considered.

I am going to take things very slow. Look strongly into joining AMA soon and just get out there to enjoy flying. I look forward to continuing to read the valuable discussions here.

An official welcome to the forum from a felllow desert dweller... and thanks!
What drone did you get?

Got good place to practice while learning or experiment down here in Gilbert... about 2 square miles of open ground.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I ended up getting a Mavic 2 Pro off Ebay (1st two Ebay tries ended up in a non-shipment and a scam, respectively). Ebay was great and refunded my money both times. I got an unflown, unregistered Mavic 2 (with all original accessories), two extra brand new batteries, two extra pairs of quiet props, a landing pad for $1,375 out the door (even with a DJI educator discount this saved me a little over $300). I was able to purchase DJI Refresh for the full 12 months when I activated.

I made some other purchases I figured a beginner should have. I bought the retractable PolarPro landing gear, an FStop multi-charger, fireproof bags for the batteries, and a SanDisk u3 64gb micro SD card, and some PolarPro filters (ND 4, 8, 16, 32). I also picked up the PolarPro Rugged bag. Now I just have to let my bank account come out of its self-induced coma so I can get some goggles. But I figure I should get very familiar with flying before I go that route.

Thank you for your accessibility, help and patience. You are a great ambassador for these forums.

I ended up getting a Mavic 2 Pro off Ebay (1st two Ebay tries ended up in a non-shipment and a scam, respectively). Ebay was great and refunded my money both times. I got an unflown, unregistered Mavic 2 (with all original accessories), two extra brand new batteries, two extra pairs of quiet props, a landing pad for $1,375 out the door (even with a DJI educator discount this saved me a little over $300). I was able to purchase DJI Refresh for the full 12 months when I activated.

I made some other purchases I figured a beginner should have. I bought the retractable PolarPro landing gear, an FStop multi-charger, fireproof bags for the batteries, and a SanDisk u3 64gb micro SD card, and some PolarPro filters (ND 4, 8, 16, 32). I also picked up the PolarPro Rugged bag. Now I just have to let my bank account come out of its self-induced coma so I can get some goggles. But I figure I should get very familiar with flying before I go that route.

Thank you for your accessibility, help and patience. You are a great ambassador for these forums.
Thank-you again.
Sounds like you’re set up! Here’s some reading you really should do... the full 70 page DJI manual for your new drone. Much more informative than the one in the box:
Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum :)

If you've not already done so, it might be helpful if you go and add your LOCATION to your account. This helps when asking questions about location specific items (Rules & Regulations for instance).

Click >>>> HERE <<<< to go directly to your Account Details and add your location details in the Loc field.

Reactions: JS1600
Hello and thank you for the service this community provides. I found this site back in May while looking for a locally used MV2 on OfferUp. I was hoping to get some advice from someone local to my area and my convince him/her to meet a local seller and fly it for me. I am a total beginner (though my 19 year old son is quite proficient). I am specifically grateful for the help of moderator "Thomas B." for being willing to help me as described above.

I believe in recognizing good service when it is offered so I also want to give my endorsement to Dronetrader.com. While I did not ultimately get my drone through their service, the communication with their customer service was exceptional. They even rewarded me with a $20 Amazon gift card for offering a suggestion to their messaging system that they had not considered.

I am going to take things very slow. Look strongly into joining AMA soon and just get out there to enjoy flying. I look forward to continuing to read the valuable discussions here.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111