DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Downers Grove, IL

Terry851

Reactions
Howdy to others in the MM forum! My MM is to be shipped soon, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before it arrives. Aside from the Fly More Combo, I'm wondering what other accessories other MM users would recommend. I'm considering some of the following:

Tineer for DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessory Kits - Protective Lens Film Foils + Propeller Guard Lock Fixing Paddle Clip + Landing Gear Extended Legs Sets + Upgrade Motor Cover Dust Proof Cap
This bundle has a few items I think would be useful:
- lens protector
- propeller guard (I was considering the DJI propeller guard - are these all just glorified velcro straps?)
- landing gear extension (I understand the value of raising the MM body a bit - are these all the same, or are there specific brands/designs I should be looking at?)
- motor covers (makes sense to protect the motor innards from dust, etc., but will this adversely affect things, ie restrict air flow which might overheat the motors? Also, these slightly raise the props so they don't hit the MM body under stronger winds) - will this adversely affect the flying profile of the MM?

Wrapgrade Skin for Mavic Mini
I wanted to increase the visibility of the MM and see if there was a way to help see the orientation of the MM while in the air. I was considering a combination of Red and Green wrap to achieve this. Red body to help it stand out in the sky, and Green on the rear rotor arms and 'rear end' to help see if the MM is comin' or goin'. Thoughts on this approach?

Have my AMA membership so I can use AMA flying fields. Will sign up for a FAA ID as these accessories and the prop guard will make the MM too heavy to get under the weight restriction. Something specific to where I live - getting a DuPage Forest Preserve aircraft permit so I can fly in designated Forest Preserves in the Dupage county I live in. Any other memberships or permits I should or need to consider?

Have the following apps on my phone; DJI Fly, UAV Forecast, AirMap, B4UFly - these seem to be the important ones to use. I also have Drone Buddy and Find My Drone, but don't know about their value yet.

Looking for nearby flying fields, but it appears most of the AMA flying fields are for RC planes.

I'll order my Care Refresh and Care Refresh+ as soon as my MM arrives. I might get the Refresh+ a bit later because if I have a fly-away and I'm not able to recover the MM, I might be wasting the Refresh+.

Have downloaded all of the MM docs and am reviewing them now. Have read quite a bit on this forum so have a fair idea of what to expect (ie wind, flying too low/high, etc.)

Here's something I'm still looking for - low(er) noise propellers. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advanced for sharing your opinions, suggestions and experience w/this new drone pilot!

Terry

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

lens protector
I'd pass on this one. Anything covering the camera could degrade the image.

I was considering the DJI propeller guard - are these all just glorified velcro straps?
Yep! Some kind of strap/guard would be handy though since the props cannot be removed and they are pretty flimsy.

motor covers (makes sense to protect the motor innards from dust, etc.
All DJI drones have openings in the motors on top. I've never heard of that causing an issue.

Here's something I'm still looking for - low(er) noise propellers. Any recommendations?
Stick with OEM DJI props. They work well and won't void your warranty.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'd pass on this one. Anything covering the camera could degrade the image.

Yep! Some kind of strap/guard would be handy though since the props cannot be removed and they are pretty flimsy.

All DJI drones have openings in the motors on top. I've never heard of that causing an issue.

Stick with OEM DJI props. They work well and won't void your warranty.
Thanks for sharing your opinions / experience. I was surprised at your comment re: lens protection - though, a camera lens is different than a phone screen. Ok, that make sense. re: motor openings, I appreciate hearing it's not a common area of concern - I'll pass on the covers. Props...I wonder if DJI will have lower noise props like they offer on the newer M2P? Good point on voiding the warranty. For now, I'll just get the prop holder and leg extensions. Thanks again!

Howdy to others in the MM forum! My MM is to be shipped soon, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before it arrives. Aside from the Fly More Combo, I'm wondering what other accessories other MM users would recommend. I'm considering some of the following:

Tineer for DJI Mavic Mini Drone Accessory Kits - Protective Lens Film Foils + Propeller Guard Lock Fixing Paddle Clip + Landing Gear Extended Legs Sets + Upgrade Motor Cover Dust Proof Cap
This bundle has a few items I think would be useful:
- lens protector
- propeller guard (I was considering the DJI propeller guard - are these all just glorified velcro straps?)
- landing gear extension (I understand the value of raising the MM body a bit - are these all the same, or are there specific brands/designs I should be looking at?)
- motor covers (makes sense to protect the motor innards from dust, etc., but will this adversely affect things, ie restrict air flow which might overheat the motors? Also, these slightly raise the props so they don't hit the MM body under stronger winds) - will this adversely affect the flying profile of the MM?

Wrapgrade Skin for Mavic Mini
I wanted to increase the visibility of the MM and see if there was a way to help see the orientation of the MM while in the air. I was considering a combination of Red and Green wrap to achieve this. Red body to help it stand out in the sky, and Green on the rear rotor arms and 'rear end' to help see if the MM is comin' or goin'. Thoughts on this approach?

Have my AMA membership so I can use AMA flying fields. Will sign up for a FAA ID as these accessories and the prop guard will make the MM too heavy to get under the weight restriction. Something specific to where I live - getting a DuPage Forest Preserve aircraft permit so I can fly in designated Forest Preserves in the Dupage county I live in. Any other memberships or permits I should or need to consider?

Have the following apps on my phone; DJI Fly, UAV Forecast, AirMap, B4UFly - these seem to be the important ones to use. I also have Drone Buddy and Find My Drone, but don't know about their value yet.

Looking for nearby flying fields, but it appears most of the AMA flying fields are for RC planes.

I'll order my Care Refresh and Care Refresh+ as soon as my MM arrives. I might get the Refresh+ a bit later because if I have a fly-away and I'm not able to recover the MM, I might be wasting the Refresh+.

Have downloaded all of the MM docs and am reviewing them now. Have read quite a bit on this forum so have a fair idea of what to expect (ie wind, flying too low/high, etc.)

Thanks in advanced for sharing your opinions, suggestions and experience w/this new drone pilot!

Terry
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54