DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Georgia, USA

issDaemon

Reactions
Hi everyone! Just got my Mavic Mini a couple of days ago. First successful flight today, everything went very well, even considering she was fighting the wind the whole time. Got some really decent video, enough to be pretty impressed with the camera on this thing. Overall, I am very happy with the MM, it being my first "real" drone. Messed around with cheap drones and then graduated to a Tello, which was what had me excited to get a "real" drone. So happy I did.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Hi everyone! Just got my Mavic Mini a couple of days ago. First successful flight today, everything went very well, even considering she was fighting the wind the whole time. Got some really decent video, enough to be pretty impressed with the camera on this thing. Overall, I am very happy with the MM, it being my first "real" drone. Messed around with cheap drones and then graduated to a Tello, which was what had me excited to get a "real" drone. So happy I did.
Use the airmap free app to stay out of airport areas.

Welcome to the forum from Sandy Springs and Columbus, GA. You will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

As you've seen, the Mini doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones, so be careful flying on windy days. Flying into the wind will help when you RTH. Read the manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over Georgia. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas, USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be put off by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

As you've seen, the Mini doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones, so be careful flying on windy days. Flying into the wind will help when you RTH. Read the manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over Georgia. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

Thanks Hauptmann! I am blown away by the camera quality on this little thing, and I can't wait to find some worthy points of interest. Based on your advice, I'll setup a practice "Find My Drone" session. To be honest, losing it is my greatest fear on longer distance flights, so I really haven't gone more than 100 feet out yet, although I did take it straight up to 300 feet a couple of nights ago! I was planning on a few baby steps anyway, so practicing a recovery makes perfect sense. Thanks for the sage advice!

Welcome to the forum from Sandy Springs and Columbus, GA. You will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. We look forward to seeing your part of the world

Thanks wjkrysak! I work in Sandy Springs, well, my office is there, albeit a bit empty right now. Maybe we can meet up for lunch sometime, once things go back to something like "normal"

Use the airmap free app to stay out of airport areas.

Thanks brittex! I have quite a few nearby in my home area, including ATL.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Motorcycle Rider!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Thanks dirkclod!

Pretend Sport mode doesn't exist.

Check your compass before flight.

Get a strong GPS lock before flight.

Set your RTH before flight.

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new addiction ?

Thanks itsneedtokno! Great advice, and I am enjoying it immensely!

Thanks mrjohnc1!

welcome to the forum

Thanks old man mavic!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks Drone Master!

Hi issDaemon welcome to Mavic Pilots

Thanks THE CYBORG!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
Your hooked so enjoy it!

Thanks Laborous! I'll bet Maine is an awesome place to fly a Mavic! One of my wife and I's favorite shows is filmed there, and they use a lot of drone footage. You have a beautiful state!

Welcome, from another newbie Mavic Mini owner who is impressed with this little drone. 6 weeks or so and learning every flight. My last flight went out a little over 2,000 away from me - furthest yet and scary, but worth it for the video!
Happy flying

Welcome, from another newbie Mavic Mini owner who is impressed with this little drone. 6 weeks or so and learning every flight. My last flight went out a little over 2,000 away from me - furthest yet and scary, but worth it for the video!
Happy flying

Thanks SW_Drone_Guy! I imagine in the Southwest, you have a lot of beautiful scenery available. Here, it's mostly trees, lots and lots of trees, which makes long flights even more nerve-wracking. Baby steps man, baby steps.

Welcome. Glad you've upgraded from the cheap drones. You'll get much more out of these ones. Enjoy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conny.malmen