DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Manchester UK

Flyingpigvrs

Reactions
Good evening.

I signed up for this forum yesterday as I have completely spontaneously bought a mavic pro.

I saw a video for it weekend before last and just thought wow that's cool I want one.

30 mins later id taken advantage of Jessops 9 months interest free credit and ordered the fly more combo!

Flying it will be an issue as I live on the flight path so intend to take it off into the hills well away from the airport.

It's being delivered tomorrow. I was waiting as I ordered the DJI care refresh too but it was on back order and they wouldn't ship the done without it. I decided to cancel the care refresh and I'm going to insure it with backmeup.co.uk instead. I think that will work out cheaper in the long run.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Welcome pal. Enjoy the Mavic, you will be blown away :)

Welcome, I work at MAN airport and live close to Barton, so feel your pain, we have plenty on our doorstep, or a short drive away :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Congratulations on your purchase decision. Hard to believe an insurance scheme can be on back order! I had a slight issue with the camera on mine and managed to get it replaced under warranty rather than using my care refresh policy. All the same, my warranty experience was a good one, so I'm glad I opted for the care refresh as a back up. Shame about your proximity to Ringway, but you're never too far away from safe to fly zones. Good luck and have fun.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Good evening.

I signed up for this forum yesterday as I have completely spontaneously bought a mavic pro.

I saw a video for it weekend before last and just thought wow that's cool I want one.

30 mins later id taken advantage of Jessops 9 months interest free credit and ordered the fly more combo!

Flying it will be an issue as I live on the flight path so intend to take it off into the hills well away from the airport.

It's being delivered tomorrow. I was waiting as I ordered the DJI care refresh too but it was on back order and they wouldn't ship the done without it. I decided to cancel the care refresh and I'm going to insure it with backmeup.co.uk instead. I think that will work out cheaper in the long run.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Howdy from Wyoming Flyingpigvrs, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Visited Heaton park in Manchester today, need to polish up my skills but I'm pleased with the progress after only owning the Mavic for a week.
SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity
That's some great footage Steven.

I took mine out for its maiden flight this evening. Just to bruntwood park in cheadle. Nice and open but still too close to the flight path in my opinion. I took it up to the max 120 metres which I'll admit was very scary. All I could think was "that's £1400 up there!".
After a quick look around I brought it back down to about 5-10 metres and just flew it round to get used to controlling it etc.

Had a couple of nervous moments when the controller lost connection and the mavic ascended to its RTH altitude of 30 metres before landing where id taken off from.

I think I'll pay a visit to Heaton park next time I'm off mid-week.

I'll concentrate on getting some decent video then as opposed to just learning to control the drone.

This thing is immense.

That's some great footage Steven.

I took mine out for its maiden flight this evening. Just to bruntwood park in cheadle. Nice and open but still too close to the flight path in my opinion. I took it up to the max 120 metres which I'll admit was very scary. All I could think was "that's £1400 up there!".
After a quick look around I brought it back down to about 5-10 metres and just flew it round to get used to controlling it etc.

Had a couple of nervous moments when the controller lost connection and the mavic ascended to its RTH altitude of 30 metres before landing where id taken off from.

I think I'll pay a visit to Heaton park next time I'm off mid-week.

I'll concentrate on getting some decent video then as opposed to just learning to control the drone.

This thing is immense.
Odd that the controller should lose connection at such close proximity. Did you check the status of the compass and IMU before take off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming