DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Roswell Georgia

gdich

Reactions
Live on a pond with heavy tree cover. Seems from the responses that rth is a problem. Manual flying and landing I would assume. Also, anyone within shouting distance of Roswell let's compare notes. Fyi...first flights today on the Mavic Air 2...hard to see screen in the sun, drone nicely responsive, seems to go much faster in reverse in normal mode.

Welcome to the forum.
RTH would be fine as long as you were not under any foliage
and it could rise to your RTH height. If you were going to be
where you could see it Hover would be what I used.
Do remember though if you lost all control that’s where you would find it when the battery got depleted as it would autoland.

Live on a pond with heavy tree cover. Seems from the responses that rth is a problem. Manual flying and landing I would assume. Also, anyone within shouting distance of Roswell let's compare notes. Fyi...first flights today on the Mavic Air 2...hard to see screen in the sun, drone nicely responsive, seems to go much faster in reverse in normal mode.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I've noticed while flying the Mavic Air 2 it will go slower at lower altitudes with obstacles in a close vicinity of it. Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

Never got a chance to fly in Georgia. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens (a mighty fine one). The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike.

RTH could be a disaster if you fly near tree cover. I'd only use it in an open space.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986